There are newer employer reviews for DialAmerica

DialAmerica gave me a opportunity and has recognized and rewarded my hard work and potential.

I have been working at DialAmerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DialAmerica gave me an opportunity when I was having difficulty finding a job due to being overqualified. They recognized my potential and I have been promoted multiple times in the short time I've been with the company. It's a company that rewards hard work and dedication to the job. The fun atmosphere on the sales floor was always enjoyable and kept me motivated to get sales when I was an entry level agent. DialAmerica provides flexible schedules which is great for people with work, family, or school commitments. The company is very reputable in terms of integrity and quality in the telemarketing industry. It's a company you can feel good about working for and proud of what you do. The initial training provided helped me be a successful salesperson in an industry where I had no previous experience. As a manager, I have received excellent development from my managers which has allowed me to continue to move forward. DialAmerica has good benefits, including quite a bit of paid time off, for full-time employees. Part-time employees are eligible for 401K with some company match after 1 year.

Cons

When I first became a part-time manager, I actually made less than I did as a salesperson. Management salaries are lower than industry average. DialAmerica does not give references or verify employment history. Inquiries are routed to an employment verification company. Direct deposit is not available for part-time employees.

Advice to Management

Allow management to give references for their employees. The dress code could be revised for a call center. Allowing tattoos, earrings for men, and one or two reasonable facial piercings would be more in keeping with the times. Management should be coached on having a discussion about skirt length as that is not regularly addressed.

Other Employee Reviews for DialAmerica

1. Not good if you have ever had a real job EVER!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charleston, SC

I worked at DialAmerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They do have good inital training, make some friends and enjoy the potlucks and corporate structure!

Cons

Do not expect to be able to pay real adult bills, have any real ability to save even ten cents, and for GOD'S sake don't ever get sick and have your doctor give you a medical leave some upper management get so confused they can't even call you back if you leave a voice mail. There aren't any real full time jobs here any more it is bait and switch and incentive bonus is if you keep your potty breaks under five minutes! LOL it takes six minutes to walk to the bathroom! I wonder why they are always hiring! LOL great job for high school students I felt like it was 1990 again! Take your job and shove it~

Advice to Management

Treat employees like people not numbers and REALIZE if you hire people who have been corprate managers before then most likely you should consider they know how to manage perhaps a management training program might make sense! Oh I forgot you guys know everything! EGO TRIPPING! Realize that eighteen years worth of management and 290 semester hours of experience could have been an asset to your sales floor. I have even held a position managing a staff of seventy plus employees and had multibillion dollar accounts. No respect for an overqualified and overeducated person. I held the sales and marketing director title at a manufacturing company. I hate to break it to you but these kinds of titles could have been a great asset to your company, a little more investigation into new hires looking for a career could yield so much more than a seat warmer. It really is a shame to invest so much to hirimg people only to have them quit or to allow people to work for years and years and have them still be starving to death earning so little.

The most fair review of DA you will ever see. . .

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN

I worked at DialAmerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can get a job when you need one, meaning if you leave on good terms when you find something better, you always have a safety net and will never be without a job. They literally will hire anyone who is even the slightest bit literate in both phonetics and technology. Weekly paychecks are great; as is the work environment. Your colleagues and supervisors are all high energy and genuinely a lot of fun to be around. If you want to go someplace to make friends and get a little bit of money and experience before moving on to a bigger and better center, then DA is a great option to do so.

Cons

I have never worked for a company so intent on handcuffing and hamstringing talented people. Senior Management (Mahwah) is more concerned with ensuring agents stick to the scripting and presenting offers as written that any meaningful call flow is an absolute joke. Likewise, there are far too many coding options that count against you as an agent when the customer simply wasn't a realistic candidate for a sale to begin with. Options such as "Won't Pay for Radio" should not have a rebuttal reading.

Advice to Management

If you are going to be a sales company, then hire sales people and let them do their thing (ask questions, have a conversation; determine needs and wants, then find a deal that will work for them); If you just want people to come in, read your scripting to leads that have already been beaten to death because your agents are too scared to code them properly; then don't pretend to be anything more than that.