There are newer employer reviews for DialAmerica

DialAmerica gave me a opportunity and has recognized and rewarded my hard work and potential.

I have been working at DialAmerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DialAmerica gave me an opportunity when I was having difficulty finding a job due to being overqualified. They recognized my potential and I have been promoted multiple times in the short time I've been with the company. It's a company that rewards hard work and dedication to the job.

The fun atmosphere on the sales floor was always enjoyable and kept me motivated to get sales when I was an entry level agent.

DialAmerica provides flexible schedules which is great for people with work, family, or school commitments.

The company is very reputable in terms of integrity and quality in the telemarketing industry. It's a company you can feel good about working for and proud of what you do.

The initial training provided helped me be a successful salesperson in an industry where I had no previous experience. As a manager, I have received excellent development from my managers which has allowed me to continue to move forward.

DialAmerica has good benefits, including quite a bit of paid time off, for full-time employees. Part-time employees are eligible for 401K with some company match after 1 year.

Cons

When I first became a part-time manager, I actually made less than I did as a salesperson. Management salaries are lower than industry average.

DialAmerica does not give references or verify employment history. Inquiries are routed to an employment verification company.

Direct deposit is not available for part-time employees.

Advice to Management

Allow management to give references for their employees.

The dress code could be revised for a call center. Allowing tattoos, earrings for men, and one or two reasonable facial piercings would be more in keeping with the times. Management should be coached on having a discussion about skirt length as that is not regularly addressed.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. DialAmerica, ruthless, money hungry scammers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at DialAmerica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid weekly. They have decent food.

Cons

You have to work a weekend day and on holidays. Your pay is based on how many radios you sell. But even if you sell 100 radios, if there are people who've sold more than you, you don't get paid much. Too competitive for such little return. No room for advancement. They sent me home one day because I did not trick a man into buying a radio when he was already a subscriber to their most expensive package. I told them I have morals, sorry. The manager told me that I needed to go home, have a cup of hot chocolate, watch Twilight, and think about what I wanted to do. Then i was expected to drive through a blizzard to come to work. I trued, and instead got stranded on the side of the road with a flat tire. Called in, and was still expected to show up. If i would've gone in, i would've be trapped at work..which they would've liked. True story. Needless to say, I did quit.

Advice to Management

Be more considerate and personable.

2. Not good if you have ever had a real job EVER!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charleston, SC

I worked at DialAmerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They do have good inital training, make some friends and enjoy the potlucks and corporate structure!

Cons

Do not expect to be able to pay real adult bills, have any real ability to save even ten cents, and for GOD'S sake don't ever get sick and have your doctor give you a medical leave some upper management get so confused they can't even call you back if you leave a voice mail. There aren't any real full time jobs here any more it is bait and switch and incentive bonus is if you keep your potty breaks under five minutes! LOL it takes six minutes to walk to the bathroom! I wonder why they are always hiring! LOL great job for high school students I felt like it was 1990 again! Take your job and shove it~

Advice to Management

Treat employees like people not numbers and REALIZE if you hire people who have been corprate managers before then most likely you should consider they know how to manage perhaps a management training program might make sense! Oh I forgot you guys know everything! EGO TRIPPING! Realize that eighteen years worth of management and 290 semester hours of experience could have been an asset to your sales floor. I have even held a position managing a staff of seventy plus employees and had multibillion dollar accounts. No respect for an overqualified and overeducated person. I held the sales and marketing director title at a manufacturing company. I hate to break it to you but these kinds of titles could have been a great asset to your company, a little more investigation into new hires looking for a career could yield so much more than a seat warmer. It really is a shame to invest so much to hirimg people only to have them quit or to allow people to work for years and years and have them still be starving to death earning so little.