DialAmerica

There are newer employer reviews for DialAmerica

My experience at DialAmerica

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They work well with your schedule, so if you're a student, have a second job, or other commitments this will be a good place of employment for you.

The people and fun environment

Different promotional games

The relationships you build with the management and people around you

Different activities such as culture week, employee/manager appreciation week, potlucks, etc.

Cons

No direct deposit

The equipment(computers, chairs, etc.). It is still functional, but some of the equipment could be a little updated

More hands on training with the agents
Team leads should do more demo calling

DialAmerica Response

May 22, 2013Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently testing direct deposit at some of our locations. We hope to have more information on this as we complete our testing.

276 Other Employee Reviews for DialAmerica (View Most Recent)

Cold Calling Woes

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Amherst, NY
    Former Employee - Telemarketer in Amherst, NY

I worked at DialAmerica part-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Nice bonuses for hitting goal at night

Cons

-Not getting paid when server was down

The most fair review of DA you will ever see. . .

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN

I worked at DialAmerica part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can get a job when you need one, meaning if you leave on good terms when you find something better, you always have a safety net and will never be without a job. They literally will hire anyone who is even the slightest bit literate in both phonetics and technology. Weekly paychecks are great; as is the work environment. Your colleagues and supervisors are all high energy and genuinely a lot of fun to be around. If you want to go someplace to make friends and get a little bit of money and experience before moving on to a bigger and better center, then DA is a great option to do so.

Cons

I have never worked for a company so intent on handcuffing and hamstringing talented people. Senior Management (Mahwah) is more concerned with ensuring agents stick to the scripting and presenting offers as written that any meaningful call flow is an absolute joke. Likewise, there are far too many coding options that count against you as an agent when the customer simply wasn't a realistic candidate for a sale to begin with. Options such as "Won't Pay for Radio" should not have a rebuttal reading.

If you are going to be a sales company, then hire sales people and let them do their thing (ask questions, have a conversation; determine needs and wants, then find a deal that will work for them); If you just want people to come in, read your scripting to leads that have already been beaten to death because your agents are too scared to code them properly; then don't pretend to be anything more than that.

There are newer employer reviews for DialAmerica