There are newer employer reviews for DialAmerica

I worked there for a year and a half, first as an agent and then as a team leader

Former Employee - Team Leader in North Charleston, SC
Former Employee - Team Leader in North Charleston, SC

I worked at DialAmerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the people are nice and great to work with. Multiple programs in the building give you an opportunity to learn about different types of businesses and how they run their customer service.

Cons

As in life, a small percentage of people are jerks, and since 500+ people are working in a relatively small building, you'll have to deal with that percentage daily. When I was there, health insurance was only offered to staff members and not agents, but the price wasn't worth it anyway, I assume because four out of five employees chain smoke and, as to be expected at a call center, many have medical conditions. Agents are either fresh out of high school or have been laid off from much better jobs. The young ones tend to not take things seriously and get fired for poor attendance or misconduct. The strict attendance system can be tolerated with effort but it often backfires on good, responsible agents with unfortunate circumstances. Dial fully complies with labor laws, but agents don't get paid when they're not actively working. Everything is logged to the second, so once you get your paid 15 minutes, you are on your own time. Some employees forget that businesses aren't required to pay for their smoke breaks. Team leaders manage agents, but it is made obvious that they are not considered management. Their primary duty is to monitor and coach agents, but often have to provide damage control when either an agent or shift manager doesn't do their job correctly. Drama occurs the most between shift managers, team leaders, and agents that typically see the next position up as some sort of golden pedestal, when in reality they are all underpaid and undervalued. I would recommend the agent position to someone with no work experience who doesn't want to flip burgers or run a cash register, or someone who needs a quick job to pay bills as long as they continue looking for better work. I would recommend the team leader position to any agent - with a degree (they won't look at you twice otherwise) - who is willing to accept twice as much work for slightly more pay. I would recommend the shift manager position to any team leader willing to play the politics with upper management.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to stand up to corporate for what you know is right. "It is what it is" is not an acceptable motto for a successful business.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It wasn't all it was cracked up to be but It was a pretty decent job to hold while in College

I have been working at DialAmerica

Pros

They worked around my class schedule The pay was decent

Cons

Cold calling people They didn't give the option for full time work

2. very friendly atmosphere

Current Employee - Telemarketer in Williamsville, NY
    Current Employee - Telemarketer in Williamsville, NY

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time

Pros

you get to work in a clean friendly environment, flexible schedule, opportunity to make bonuses, great support from team leaders

Cons

in order to make top commissions above minimum wage, you need to sell a minimum of 25-30 sales a week. it is not as easy as it sounds. very repetitious.