There are newer employer reviews for DialAmerica

Great enviroment, no good benefits

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Charleston, SC
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Charleston, SC

I worked at DialAmerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved how the work environment is really relaxed, and the team leaders are very easy to work with

Cons

No benefits, and shedule changes without notification

Advice to Management

Send a call when changing a schedule

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It is getting worst for cf in jax!

Current Employee - Telemarketer in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Telemarketer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked how Dial paids every week and that's a plus. The hours at night are ok sometimes. My trainer, Steve, was great and helped me along the entire way.

Cons

When you wanna help them do another program bc they approach you. I hate to get lied too about the base pay and then find out that it was total bs! I guess they tell you anything to get you to help them! Just get that in writing bc I will NEVER HELP OUT AGAIN!

Advice to Management

You need to pay attention in CF with guys who are running bc it's running down hill how they do it! Elaine is great bc she try's to work with you to get you better! Elaine is the only that cares about people and not treat like a number!

Worker Respect

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Athens, GA

I worked at DialAmerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Scheduling. As a current employee, and at the lowest level this is a benefit I receive. I feel that this benefit is diminished entirely and in the most brutal way if you choose to move to a management position on the next level up. Others pros, lemme see... my co-workers. It's nice working with a diverse staff and meeting all kinds of people. It's a great education in a way, far beyond anything that can be learned at university. Given that we are situated into long rows of squeaky chairs, we get to know each other very well. The wage I'm paid is decent for the amount of work I do on a day to day basis. However, the stress caused by the lack of design in the space makes everyone feel anxious and there is some bickering. It's unfortunate as just a little investment in the space could make everyone feel more at ease. It was very unfortunate 2 summers ago when our roof was leaking and it was tarred while we were on the sales floor. People were turning blue and putting their heads down upon their desk. So bad. Anyone brave enough to complain was allowed to leave without "Points" , but the economy is so sad here that many people chose to remain in their desk feeling the fumes and riding it out.

Cons

My biggest complaint is that Dial America removed paid time off full time workers. It's really sad when the holidays come around and people are dreading them. When a day off is announced there is a lot of panic for people who will lose that day of work, which amounts to their grocery budget for the week. Another con is the policy to incentenvie break time. It's a discriminatory practice. Employees at Dial America who have been there for a while had worked up to a higher wage. These employees, many of them older having gained seniority, were told that they need to keep break times below a certain percent in order to keep any pay over minimum wage. Any female, diabetic, or older human is going to be impacted more harshly by this rule to go to the bathroom less often. People with chronic health problems were told that they could keep their jobs with a doctor's note, but they would not be able to earn above the minimum wage.

Advice to Management

I've got no complaints about the management. I think everyone is in the same boat, just trying to keep a job and afford to pay their bills.