Dialog Semiconductor

www.diasemi.com

Not what I envisaged

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSalary better than most competitors, offices are nice, some decent benefits.

Cons-Very political and "cold", lots of back-biting.

-Processes take a long time (training, for one).

-Certain political players get all the good work and perks. Not good if not into politics - made me sick to see.

-They retain poisonous employees who are either no good at their job, sow seeds of discord, or are very adept at playing the political game. Definitely favouritism.

-Offices, while nice, are often lacking atmosphere.

-Too many trying to climb the greasy pole.

-Lack of communication in some offices.

-Munich & Austrian offices over-worked.

-Project management office treats you like a number.

-Reverence for 'top designers' but couldn't see why; I saw several design flaws I would have changed.

-Lack of interesting work for apps, design, and possibly other functions - heard this was particularly bad at Edinburgh site but can't confirm.

-Analogue & Digital design was almost non-existent - across sites there is a lot of grumbling about designers being used only for verification purposes; design skills die out over time so not a good situation for the employee.

-Personally, I left one of the German offices after just over a year for a LOWER salary at another company in Austria, but I'm getting better experience which will be of benefit in the long-run. Turns out money isn't everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhere do I start...

A great place to work, if you are interested in working at a semiconductor company

Digital Verification/Software (Former Employee) Graz (Austria)

I worked at Dialog Semiconductor as an intern for less than a year

Pros: - Great benefits - Paid to take courses for continued growth -… Cons: - The town is a little bit small, but that is… Advice to Senior Management: I am satisfied with how management handled everything, and I believe that I was treated… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Management in Netherlands has no long term vision

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dialog Semiconductor full-time

Pros: - Good atmosphere and friendly colleagues. - OK place to start and gain some… Cons: - No long-term vision. Management is always one step behind… Advice to Senior Management: - Listen to your engineers more often. - Reconsider better salaries. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Dialog Semiconductor.

Worked for Dialog Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!