Mixed bag experience

Former Employee - Analog IC Designer  in  Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)
Former Employee - Analog IC Designer in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

I worked at Dialog Semiconductor full-time for less than a year

Pros

A very smart bunch of people to work with, intellectually stimulating environment, strong focus around innovation.

Cons

Compensation package not upto market standards, work culture is pretty geeky unlike companies like google where its more open and friendly etc

Other Reviews for Dialog Semiconductor

Not what I envisaged

I worked at Dialog Semiconductor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary better than most competitors, offices are nice, some decent benefits.

Cons

-Very political and "cold", lots of back-biting.

-Processes take a long time (training, for one).

-Certain political players get all the good work and perks. Not good if not into politics - made me sick to see.

-They retain poisonous employees who are either no good at their job, sow seeds of discord, or are very adept at playing the political game. Definitely favouritism.

-Offices, while nice, are often lacking atmosphere.

-Too many trying to climb the greasy pole.

-Lack of communication in some offices.

-Munich & Austrian offices over-worked.

-Project management office treats you like a number.

-Reverence for 'top designers' but couldn't see why; I saw several design flaws I would have changed.

-Lack of interesting work for apps, design, and possibly other functions - heard this was particularly bad at Edinburgh site but can't confirm.

-Analogue & Digital design was almost non-existent - across sites there is a lot of grumbling about designers being used only for verification purposes; design skills die out over time so not a good situation for the employee.

-Personally, I left one of the German offices after just over a year for a LOWER salary at another company in Austria, but I'm getting better experience which will be of benefit in the long-run. Turns out money isn't everything.

Where do I start...

A great place to work, if you are interested in working at a semiconductor company

Former Employee - Digital Verification/Software  in  Graz (Austria)
    Former Employee - Digital Verification/Software in Graz (Austria)

I worked at Dialog Semiconductor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

- Great benefits
    - Paid to take courses for continued growth
    - Great people
    - Enjoyable atmosphere
    - Very flat hierarchy
    - Opportunities to work abroad

Cons

- The town is a little bit small, but that is only a problem if you are looking for something a little bigger.

I am satisfied with how management handled everything, and I believe that I was treated very well, being integrated into the team very quickly and enjoying the environment very much.

There are newer employer reviews for Dialog Semiconductor.

Worked for Dialog Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!