There are newer employer reviews for DialogueDirect

Intense.

Former Employee - Team Manager
Former Employee - Team Manager

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Develop people skills, Sales skills, meet people.

Cons

People are VERY mean to canvassers, and the job is very informal as the turnover for new hires is close to 98% in the first two weeks.

Make sure you campaign manager is doing there job and going to see teams on site to help out.

46 Other Employee Reviews for DialogueDirect (View Most Recent)

Street fundraising for Children International

Former Employee - Fundraiser
    Former Employee - Fundraiser

I worked at DialogueDirect

Pros

-If successful at reaching or exceeding daily quota you are generously rewarded financially or with gifts from your supervisor
    -When you do land a sponsor it is a great feeling and rewarding to think you can help a child in extreme poverty

Cons

-You must stand on your feet the entire 7 hour day with only 1 hour break total
    -Most people on the street are incredibly cruel and will treat you like dirt
    -You must stand outside in all types of weather

The training period was frustrating because I did not get enough constructive feedback on how to improve my pitch. Please be direct and constructive instead of saying "I don't know what you are doing wrong."

Take your communication skills to a whole new level and make your own growth opportunities

Current Employee - Hiring Manager
    Current Employee - Hiring Manager

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Best office culture you can find. I've made life long friends here, and everyone here is passionate, intelligent and motivated.

-Awesome room for growth. The trick to growing here is that you carve out your own niche: you don't wait for openings to become available, you identify a need the company has and you talk to your leaders about filling that need. It's a small business and there are so many areas for people to grow into, but a lot of staff don't take advantage of that. I started looking for opportunities and when I found them, I just asked if that was something I could do and boom, I got there. I've been promoted four times in just two years! Don't wait around hoping for an offer: go get it and you will find that the leadership will meet you halfway whenever it can. They want to keep talented people.

-Great benefits package, probably the best plan I've been on, plus a 401k coming down the pipe.

-I worked in sales and theater for five years, in sales I was the highest grossing salesman in my company. I learned more about communication skills in the first 5 days of employment than I had in five years of sales. You experience here will make every other communication based job you do seem easy by comparison.

Cons

-Getting heckled in New York City just sucks. It will damage your faith in humanity. Then a wonderful donor will build it back up again. The up and down of it is draining, but if you can be zen about it, you will go far.

-Communication issues between offices and departments can be frustrating, a lot of face-to-face folks aren't are as good with email or phone calls

There are newer employer reviews for DialogueDirect