DialogueDirect

www.dialoguedirect.com
There are newer employer reviews for DialogueDirect

Good

I worked at DialogueDirect

Pros

Great Environment, No micromanaging unless severely needed, Casual work environment but with aggressive employees. Everyone works as a team not in competition with each other. The ultimate goal is kept in mind

Cons

long hours on your feet, need higher base pay

87 Other Employee Reviews for DialogueDirect (View Most Recent)

Exhausting job, unethical management

I worked at DialogueDirect

Pros

-You're doing work for a good cause

-Bonuses if you do well

-Benefits after 3 months

Cons

-The management puts an unacceptable amount of pressure on their workers to get sign-ups. My first day there, we got a really intimidating and borderline mean lecture from a higher-up on the importance of getting more people to sign up. If a work day ends and you didn't get any people to sign up, you are expected to stay late (after being on your feet for 8 hours) WITHOUT being paid for working overtime. The few days I worked there, everybody had to stay late every single day, no matter how exhausted we were. If you go three days without getting any sign-ups you're fired, so everybody is terrified of having that happen. The pressure is inescapable.

-This job is also exhausting. You are on your feet all day, no matter what the weather is, and one time we had to walk about 15 blocks to the location we were canvassing at BEFORE proceeding to stand on our feet for 8+ hours. People are really, really mean to you when you try to stop them on the street, so prepare to lose your faith in humanity. There is also no opportunity to bag your lunch, so you have to eat out every day or don't eat at all; be sure to factor that in when you're figuring out if you can afford to pay your rent on this salary.

-Don't expect your superiors to care first and foremost about the cause and about helping children. They care about getting sign-ups and nothing else, even if it means getting them at the expense of your mental health and comfort. Overall, they seem to care very little about the people they hire.

Treat your workers better! They're trying their hardest to get sign ups! We never just stood on the sidewalk, twiddling our thumbs all day; we were working our butts off with very little breaks. It is extremely hard to get people to give you their credit card information on the street. Understand that and stop the insane pressure to always do better. It's driving your workers crazy, which is why the turnover rate is so high. Also, you should NOT be okay with your workers staying 1-4 hours later than they're supposed to with no compensation for it.

If you want extra money then by all means

I have been working at DialogueDirect

Pros

Free pizza on wednesdays
    Random prizes
    get to meet new people everyday

Cons

Standing in the street for 8 hours in ANY weather condition. They don't care ,just as long as you make their money.
    Constant badgering by higher ups to do better
    Their is always SOME problem with sign ups`

Do a better job at understanding that it's not always our fault that people don't want to sign up. When you're asking strangers for their credit cards in the street, there's only so much you can do.

There are newer employer reviews for DialogueDirect