There are newer employer reviews for DialogueDirect

A very nurturing environment!

Former Employee - Team Lead  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Team Lead in Washington, DC

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time for more than a year

Pros

You gain an irreplaceable experience in multiple skills.  Starting from standing up for a cause, obtaining multiple donations and building relationships with prospective donors.  Gaining multiple skills to talk to people and present an argument in a very persuasive fashion.  These skills are transferrable to multiple career advancements such as Gift Officers and Development Officers in various organizations.

Cons

Have to have the determination to work hard.

Make yourselves available so that employees can develop their skills.

46 Other Employee Reviews for DialogueDirect (View Most Recent)

Fantastic and stimulating atmosphere

Former Employee - Assistant Operation Coordinator  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Assistant Operation Coordinator in Washington, DC

I worked at DialogueDirect as an intern for less than a year

Pros

In a friendly atmosphere, you have the oppurtunity to help the others and at the same time there is a positive and stimulating competition.The Ceo Mike Wakeland and Jamie Thomas are competent and they are always present if you need some help or advices and they are ready to do all that can do for you. You became part of a great family and their motto is " you can not manage the company if you are not able to do this job( to find donors)". So that if you are competent and an hard worker you can achieve great goals in the company and an high position even if you start from an entry level position. It was not noly a job experience but also a life experience that I will never forget

Cons

I think that in particular people that work in the office need a lunch break

Dialogue Direct is a place to grow professionally and personally

Current Employee - Campaign Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers rank amongst the best pros of this company. All people in our company are tied together by a desire to work for a great cause while growing professionally.

Professional growth is a very important goal for all staff in this company. While here I have learned valuable communication, managerial, and leadership skills that are transferrable to any other industry. Managers here put in the time to help people grow.

We only promote managers/leaders from within. This provides the opportunity for anyone to rise in the company. Expectations and requirements for promotions are laid out clearly before a new staff member's first day.

great benefits that include time off and fantastic health benefits

wonderful opportunities for travel. DD works in 12 cities throughout north America and in my time I have travelled and worked in 7 major US cities as well as Cartagena Colombia, a trip set aside to tour our charity client's facilities.

Another perk is that this job helped me learn every city I have worked in. When I started this job I was new to NYC. I quickly learned a lot about the geography and culture of the city and I was able to turn my colleagues into my friends because everyone here is friendly.

Cons

This job is performance based and for some that can be a con. In fund raising the goal is always to raise more money for a charity than the cost of our fund raising service.

This means that pay is performance based. We allow people incredible opportunity and potential in earning. Hard working and positive staff tend to earn better than others. This can lead to some checks being better than others.

This also means that growing in the company is performance based. We don't promote based on tenure so promotions go to the most deserving staff members based off their performance, not off of how long they have been in our company.

Due to the performance based pay and promotional structure this job is not for everyone. This is not a job for someone looking to coast by and easily cash their check at the end of the week. This is a job for dedicated, hard working, positive, and passionate people looking to challenge themselves to grow personally and professionally while helping a worthy cause.

Continue to make yourself available for company employees.
    Continue to offer support and coaching to help staff members grow.

There are newer employer reviews for DialogueDirect

Worked for DialogueDirect? Contribute to the Community!