There are newer employer reviews for DialogueDirect

Misleading

Former Employee - Dialoguer in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Dialoguer in Washington, DC

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time (less than an year)

Pros

DialogueDirect is a bridge for a true NGO (Children International) that promotes the well-being and development of children both domestically and internationally through one-on-one sponsorship. The staff within the organization is diverse, fun, and initially very supportive. Working in DC is an excellent opportunity that is very great for networking and getting a better idea of other opportunities within the non-profit world.

Cons

Minimum wage acts as the base pay ($8.25/hr) which is very misleading given the job description on every website the position is advertised on indicates $35k will be your base pay and commission follows on top of that. Minimum wage is later deducted from your bonuses (the ones that successfully debited three weeks later) making getting donors a challenging if not an unsatisfying accomplishment. Travel via the DC metro is a requirement for this job if you intend on getting from one site to another in order to canvas. This should qualify as a travel expense covered by the company but they inform you, after 90 days, your travel expense will be debited from your pre-taxed earnings and given to you in the form of a debit card to be used solely for transportation--as if this is doing you a favor! Also, if a dialoguer does not sign anyone up for three days consecutively, they are fired.

Stop with the passive aggressive management style. Inform your team leaders that not everyone can be like them in a matter of a few weeks. Also, be more direct with the pay cycle and expectations--don't throw this out during the last five minutes of your weekly orientations.

DialogueDirect Response

Jul 14, 2014CEO

Thank you for your feedback. We agree it is a great opportunity for networking and a stepping stone into the non-profit world.

Our competitive compensation structure is based on ensuring that we
... More

47 Other Employee Reviews for DialogueDirect (View Most Recent)

Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - IT Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is understanding, respectful and conscious of other people. I was able to work a convenient schedule. There has been countless situations that require immediate problem solving skills, I have learned a lot here and I feel like I will stay here for a good amount of time because I really value self development. Of course the biggest pro will be the cause for which the company stands.Helping children in need is a huge motivation.

Cons

I have little to nothing to complain about. I do necessarily feel any overflow of work into personal life because it was a dedication I had already made.

DialogueDirect Response

May 23, 2014CEO

Great to see you are enjoying your time with us. We find it very rewarding to have the opportunity to represent some of the world's finest charities.

Our goal is for you to continue to grow and
    ... More

A challenging fulfilling and meaningful experience

Current Employee - Dialoguer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Dialoguer in New York, NY

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people. There's something to say about the culture of DD. My coworkers are my best friends. We're like one giant family, that's trying to accomplish one goal. Very supportive, very positiv. There aren't enough words to describe how great it is.

Cons

Very challenging. Not for the introverted or for those who aren't looking to work very hard.

Keep up the good work!