DialogueDirect

www.dialoguedirect.com
There are newer employer reviews for DialogueDirect

Great job for students

I have been working at DialogueDirect

Pros

Helps to get more self-confident

Cons

Ability to travel cuz they have offices around the world

Nov 17, 2014Public Relations Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback and for your work!

86 Other Employee Reviews for DialogueDirect (View Most Recent)

Frat House! Pyramid Scheme! Long Hours Standing Outside!

Former Employee - Fundraiser in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Fundraiser in New York, NY

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Who doesn't like the idea of helping poor kids. Its what the world should be about. You meet cool people too.

Cons

They hire a bunch of kids right out of college who can't find jobs. You go to bars every night after working a long day and getting so drunk I don't even know how I made it to work the next day. There was an incident last year where we were all kicked out of club in midtown and some of us were underage. A girl I was working with told me she's sleeping with one of the head team leaders and that's how she got promoted. This happens alot with younger female workers which would go against most company ethics policies.(FYI-I'm not going to name any names but just ask around.)

Sep 3, 2014HR Coordinator

Thank you for your response. DialogueDirect strives to hire entry level employees looking to work hard and have fun while doing so. Thus, many friendships are formed during working hours. However ... More

Misleading

Former Employee - Dialoguer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Dialoguer in Washington, DC

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time (less than a year)

Pros

DialogueDirect is a bridge for a true NGO (Children International) that promotes the well-being and development of children both domestically and internationally through one-on-one sponsorship. The staff within the organization is diverse, fun, and initially very supportive. Working in DC is an excellent opportunity that is very great for networking and getting a better idea of other opportunities within the non-profit world.

Cons

Minimum wage acts as the base pay ($8.25/hr) which is very misleading given the job description on every website the position is advertised on indicates $35k will be your base pay and commission follows on top of that. Minimum wage is later deducted from your bonuses (the ones that successfully debited three weeks later) making getting donors a challenging if not an unsatisfying accomplishment. Travel via the DC metro is a requirement for this job if you intend on getting from one site to another in order to canvas. This should qualify as a travel expense covered by the company but they inform you, after 90 days, your travel expense will be debited from your pre-taxed earnings and given to you in the form of a debit card to be used solely for transportation--as if this is doing you a favor! Also, if a dialoguer does not sign anyone up for three days consecutively, they are fired.

Stop with the passive aggressive management style. Inform your team leaders that not everyone can be like them in a matter of a few weeks. Also, be more direct with the pay cycle and expectations--don't throw this out during the last five minutes of your weekly orientations.

Jul 14, 2014CEO

Thank you for your feedback. We agree it is a great opportunity for networking and a stepping stone into the non-profit world.

Our competitive compensation structure is based on ensuring that we
    ... More