There are newer employer reviews for Diamond Parking

The work is very easy but this is the ultimate dead end job.

Current Employee - Parking Attendaant in Long Beach, CA
Current Employee - Parking Attendaant in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Diamond Parking

Pros

This job is very easy. You either sit in a booth all day long and collect money or you walk around giving out parking tickets. I am a student and the job is very flexible with my schedule and I am often able to study for class when I work at the booth. The wage is also above minimum wage.

Cons

There is NO possibility for advancement. There are about 20 employees at our location. We are managed by two different bosses. One is the regional manager and the other is the manager for our location. Both of these managers were hired from the outside. Several of the employees have been working the same position for 10 years. There are never any promotions, or raises (unless it is an companywide raise to stay competitive). It's a super easy job but you will never get anywhere with it.

This company needs to update it's collection machines. Customers often have to put money into these archaic boxes that are outdated.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall a very easy job. Great introduction to customer service

Current Employee - Valet in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Valet in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Diamond Parking

Pros

Diamond parking is a great entry level job. It is especially satisfying if you like cars and working with people. Great college job.

Cons

There is not very much opportunity to move up in the company. You must have and maintain a relatively flawless driving record to be employed. Regular drug screening.

It would be nice if there was more interaction with the managers. More frequent employee evaluations would be great as well.

Say goodbye to your self respect.

Former Employee - Parking Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Parking Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Diamond Parking

Pros

At times you are giving opportunities beyond your scope of work, but don't think of asking for a raise. Once in a while you will get lunch.

Cons

They must have written Office Space after reviewing this company. From poor people management to ludicrous business decisions, this company has it all. Upper management would take your stapler if they thought it would make them a buck because you don't mean anything to them. There is zero morale in the company and count on your bonuses being reworked often, because they are never put in writing. There is a company "handbook" that outlines general things, like paid days off and uniform requirements, however there are no company procedures. It is all word of mouth, which means they hold all the cards and will terminate you when they deem convenient. I left months ago but I hear it has only gotten worse with the economic issues.

Watch Office Space and take notes. When you manage by fear they will do their jobs only well enough to not get fired. By the way, those are people working for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Diamond Parking