There are newer employer reviews for Diamond Resorts

Chaotic Order with the heat of a kitchen and the chains of a desk all while working for a company that sells vacations.

Current Employee - Contracts Specialist
Current Employee - Contracts Specialist

I have been working at Diamond Resorts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employee Programs: fitness, health benefits, discounts on resorts
The commitment of the Upper Upper Management/Owner to not only Customer Experience but employees as well.

Cons

It's sales - and I personally don't like sales.
The company is still newish and needs to be a bit more thorough with their organization skills. While buying up other timeshare companies in a rapid growth, the process of homogenizing everyone has left holes in some places.
Lower Management can at times be a little juvenile and make it uncomfortable to work there.
You will have NO LIFE! None. For a company that sells vacations of a lifetime, you will never get to vacation during any time worthwhile to vacation - why? because that's when it's the busiest and you are needed the most. I actually am in the process of finding a new job because after six plus years I need to be able to speed even a weekend with my family!

Look a little less at the Sales side and the resort and fix the issues with the supporting staff (Contracts, IT, etc) because with weak supports, a great building can easily fall.

51 Other Employee Reviews for Diamond Resorts (View Most Recent)

disappointing in the end

Current Employee - Sales Administrative
    Current Employee - Sales Administrative

I have been working at Diamond Resorts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

relaxed working environment even while you multi-task (which is what you have do in admin) and the 'family' you work so many hours with

Cons

my personal con is letting work become my life but I took pride in making everything seem smoothly run while I worked very hard in the background. after 6 years of being the only admin for the sales dept, I'm told my position has been eliminated...no notice, no concern. not that I didn't do a great job, just no longer needed

to the management above site level...consider the people who work great together and have a productive site before you come in with your cookie-cutter changes just to find out your changes don't work the same at every location. and maybe a little concern for the employees who have been loyal and hard working

Maintenance

Former Employee - Room Call Maintenance in Sedona, AZ
    Former Employee - Room Call Maintenance in Sedona, AZ

I worked at Diamond Resorts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The priviledge of meeting and working with other trade professionals who were generous to exchange some of the job related information and practices.

Cons

Being unappreciated. No pay raises. Management generous to apply pressure to maintain their rating status without
    passing on any recognition whatsoever.

Learn to adequately recognize your valuable employees and adjust your wages to be commensurate with reality.
    Offer training.