There are newer employer reviews for Diamond Wireless

Competitive

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I learned more about the information and telecommunications industry from this job than any before it. In fact, I was excited to learn that they will give you an actual training (i.e. when you begin, you aren't just told to sit in front of a computer and complete the videos, or given a day-long lecture on policy and procedure, then shoved in the pool. This company prides itself on being the best-educated staff in their business, as well as the most competitive. Also, your wages are full-commission (or minimum wage, whichever is greater), which means that pay is phenomenal! Further, management really knows how to create a fun workplace and keep their staff driven with contests, free conversation, and encouraged competition between individuals and teams with rewards that people actually want. (If you win a contest, you don't just get a little pin for your nametag that says "Good work, Gipper!" There are actual benefits.)

Cons

There are quotas and serious consequences for having "a bad month". Also, sometimes competition can go too far, causing personal issues between colleagues (especially when traffic slows in May and September).

reviews filtered by
  1. Really good. Educational

Former Employee - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot about sales. There I learned how to lead and train. I learned more at Diamond then any other job I ever had. Promoting comes from within and a great company to grow with.

Cons

Long Long hours. Pay needs to be better for store managers, at least in the Las Vegas market

Keep up the great work. I will take everything I have learned there and apply it to the rest of my life!

A decent company that still expanding and experiencing growing pains

Former Employee - Area Manager in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Area Manager in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Diamond Wireless is much less corporate feeling than other Indirect retailers. The pay is decent and doesn't require any college to get started. Flexible schedule. Get to represent Verizon Wireless, the best cell phone company in the US. Area Managers get company credit card for gas, car allowance, and other expenses. Good employer while you are attending college for something better.

Cons

Lots of poor management and below par office staff. Most of the upper management and leadership have little to no real training and are only in their positions because they were good Sales Reps in the "glory days" of selling cell phones or they knew the right people at the right time. Commissions have been cut and Diamond has been bought by Glentel (North Americas largest Indirect Retailer company).

Training. Diamond tries hard to be large and corporate but still makes many rookie mistakes common to smaller companies. I know of no other company that won't pay employees for trainings, meetings and employee developement. Slow down growth and stabalize and take care of your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Diamond Wireless