Diamond Wireless

www.diamond-wireless.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Diamond Wireless

A great company with growing pains

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

there is a wonderful atmosphere in the corporate office, everyone is willing to help and there is very little negativity. People are incredibly easy to get along with. Support for new ideas is pretty strong.

Cons

training is nearly non existent, planning tends to happen last minute, no real consequences for anything there's a tendency to be "too nice" and give a lot of extra chances. There can be very little execution on new ideas because a lot of time is dedicated to the last minute work

start being proactive rather than reactive. Start giving consequences for people who commit wrongs to prevent them happening in the future. Theft is not the only thing a person should get in trouble for.

66 Other Employee Reviews for Diamond Wireless (View Most Recent)

Diamond Wireless is a good company

Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Valley City, UT

I worked at Diamond Wireless part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy products and services to sell. Organized management and great recognition for hitting quotas.

Cons

High stress level with quotas and multiple metris

This job is what you make of it

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time

Pros

Diamond is very laid back in comparison to the corporate stores, as long as you are doing your job and hitting your sales metrics you will be fine.

They hold a ton of sales contest. You can win anything from cash to a brand new phone to a all expenses paid vacation, just for selling and doing your job.

They only promote from within, which means you can move up easier than corporate stores.

Staff, HR, Higher Ups have all been really cool and friendly, which is a plus.

Flexible scheduling. During my first month of employment, at Diamond, I had a prior commitment that required me to go to Florida for a week. I told this to the interviewing manager, in the middle of the interveiw and much to my surprise he granted it right there, which was cool of him to do. All of it was unpaid of course, which was no problem at all with me.

Cons

There are lots and lots of meetings. Weekly store meetings, monthly market meetings (which are an hour away), confrence calls, and I'm not even sure if we get paid for all this stuff, to be honest.

Higher Ups do tend to drag thier feet when it comes to getting rid of bad or incompetent employees, which can bring us down as a whole.

The way a sales rep gets paid is hourly or commission, which ever one is higher. But here's the kicker: Your hourly is minimum wage($7.25 in my state), which means you will not make a whole lot of money in the slower sales month. If you are telling me that a company that got bought out by GLENTEL for $50 million+ a few years back, and who also opened 150 kiosk overnight, are only paying their sales rep's minimum wage, then something is wrong here.

Bottom line is Diamond Wireless has the potential to be a GREAT company. If we can fix the minor problems that plaque this company, it would be smooth sailing from here.

There are newer employer reviews for Diamond Wireless