Diamond Wireless

www.diamond-wireless.com
  www.diamond-wireless.com
There are newer employer reviews for Diamond Wireless

If you like doing a lot without getting paid, this one's for you

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time

Pros

Fun work environment
Ability to make a decent paycheck (when it's busy season-- when it's slow, good luck)
District managers/managers are cool
Room for advancement
No shortage of hours

Cons

They want you to work A LOT, sometimes every day of the week
They want to have 2-4 employees working at a time, which causes fights over sales and is just unnecessary
Get scolded for asking for time off
WEEKLY meetings every Friday at 8am and quarterly meetings at 9PM ON SUNDAYS along with required trainings, NONE of which we are compensated for (which I believe is illegal)
Usually takes a long time to get anything done (i.e. getting business cards and supplies ordered) need to keep on upper management for that
Commission gets messed up regularly, so it is imperative that you keep a close eye on your commission as it is shown in the system
Paychecks are messed up a lot of the time too if you have benefits

Pay your employees for training, and compensate them for gas/mileage like every other company does!!! Weekly meetings are overkill, make them monthly, at max. Also meetings that START at 9pm on Sundays are ridiculous, especially for employees who are in school.

58 Other Employee Reviews for Diamond Wireless (View Most Recent)

Sweatshop shark tank

Former Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

To an extent, getting to do what I wanted at work, since it's 100% commission and if no customers were in the store I could care less what else went on. (If you don't get paid for it, who cares)
    And the occasional sales contest where you win prizes that were mediocre compared to the work you put in.

Cons

Nearly everything. 100% commission. Diamond, what do you think we are? We're employees who work in malls and kiosks. Not used car salesman. Stop trying to make us take advantage of everyday people. All I could think whilst working there was how worried I'd be if my own mother walked in to ANY of these stores and the fears of just having her verizon account pulled up, based on the things I've seen.

At one point, it wasn't terrible, some phones compensated fairly I guess, but for the past year or so all device commissions took a drastic drop, to the point where if you sell someone a good phone, you'll make hardly anything for it and if you sold someone the oldest, used, restock, demo, TERRIBLE phone that was a waste of a 2 year contract, you'd make, say, 40-50 bucks and a guilty conscious. Woo-hoo.

Oh, and accessories... You're encouraged to sell them for more than MSRP. By all levels of mgmt. Rings out at 14.99? Sticker it for 29.99 and let's see who bites. And corporate keeps half of that mark up, so they're loving it too. I'll never allow any of my family or friends to purchase from a physical retail location again.

Geez and let's not forget Vivint. Don't ever get talked into that overpriced crap by a retail store. Did you know that to talk to customers and sell home security systems, those employee requires a license to do so? Not just anyone is permitted, by law, to do so. But there's a sketchy loophole that allows them to call in and technically have it set up under the call center rep's name or yada yada yada.

And it doesn't stop there, but you get the picture. And like everyone else said, unpaid meetings. 100% commission... And mandatory meetings that you're technically not paid a dime for. Stupid.

Hahahahahaha. Egos this big disregard any advice. Look at your absurd turnover rate... You can't hold steady managers or employees unless they're too dumb to consider moving on from this crime circle. Sick of absurd numbers of people quitting? Flip your company upside down and fix it.

PHA!

I worked at Diamond Wireless

Pros

There are no pros to this whack establishment. At all.

Cons

There are so many, where do I begin;
    First, the store managers and district managers are idiots. They want you to "sell and maximize" everything to customers, that gets annoying afterwhile.
    Second, the employees that work there are L7s. A bunch of squares, geeks, and losers who are hard to get along with.
    Third, The customers that come back and forth to the store only deal with certain employees so it makes it every hard to get sales.
    Fourth, the workers are shady and female dogs, most of the people that work there are men (yuck)
    Fifth, youre in the BJS trying to pull in customers who dont want to even buy cell phones. The customers are extremely rude and prejudice.
    Sixth, Did I mention management is retarded? especially in the Waldorf, MD location.

in conclusion this company is terrible. The amount of stress they put on their employess is unacceptable. Then on top of that you dont get compensated for all the work you do. its terrible. You literally work for free.

Stop lying to people during the training by telling them they could make (X) amount of money every 2 weeks.
    Get better store managers and district managers, and stop being shady and selling people stuff they dont need. I hope this compnay falls flat on their faces. SOB

There are newer employer reviews for Diamond Wireless