Diane's Beachwear

www.dianesbeachwear.com
  www.dianesbeachwear.com
There are newer employer reviews for Diane's Beachwear

I wish I had more nice things to say! Thankful to depart Diane's beachwear.

I worked at Diane's Beachwear full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The product is great and the wages are competitive. The core principals are good but the delivery needs work.

Cons

You would think selling beachwear would be a fun environment but this is far from a picnic at the beach. Upper management is demoralizing and works on fear tactics alone. Employees are in fear of losing their jobs weekly based on unrealistic expectations. My experience at Diane's is that most employees don't last over a year.When I was hired they were regrouping from a walk out. If you are considering management or working here know that when things go wrong it's not because you are not a good sales person, experienced or lack of efforts this is a hard work environment and will wear any great employee down. I can't think of one long term employee company wide working in the stores. It truly is a revolving door. The work place is fun until upper management blows in and out of town leaving all employees deflated and ready to quit. The hiring process is ridiculous and unorganized if you don't hear back from this company right away don't worry it's a 3 step process of dealing with higher ups with egos to break down before you can hire anyone with real talent. Expect to be understaffed and overworked.

Diane you are a smart nice lady. My tidbit of advice is surround yourself with women who are motivating and have work experience on team building and strategies that actually make your employees want to work harder for you because they enjoy their job. Success starts at the top and rolls down hill. Get rid of old thinking patterns and try something new. This company is capable of taking it to the next level if you clean house and get rid of the anchors that are driving this company into the ground.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Diane's Beachwear (View Most Recent)

Hired as a sales associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Diane's Beachwear part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Wear pretty much whatever you want.
    Decent employee discount, but only valid after a month of employment.

Cons

After working in retail/sales for over two years at another company, I decided to apply for Diane's. Management was filled with the most disrespectful women I've yet to encounter. Zero job training and no guidance/direction. They will tell you to do something, then yell at you an hour later (in front of clients) for doing what was asked of you. The company information they sell you during training--about how they want to help you reach your best sales potential through the company's programming--is crap. The women who work for the company are selfish and only care about making quota. I expected a cut-throat sales environment; however, the treatment I received from the manager my first day was reason enough to quit the second day. A trained parrot could run a bathing suit store better than the managers I encountered here.

Also, employees are forbidden from bringing in any form of purse and from using cell phones while on break, even in the break room. How can you feel respected and inspired by a company that doesn't even trust you enough to let you bring your wallet to work--for fear you will stuff an entire bikini inside your coin pocket and walk out the front door with it!

The company's business infrastructure is in dire need of renovation and the management needs basic training in tact. Simple as that.

Do not apply or even consider this job if you like being treated with any speck of decency.

Train your sales associates. Hold your management to some standard of class. Set realistic sales expectations.

Awful, need only apply if you have no soul. Demeaning to women.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Diane's Beachwear part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Once you leave, you feel normal again

Cons

CEO is uncaring, a bully, demeaning to women and thinks too much of herself for who she is
    company is going down
    miserable work environment
    Director of stores is one of Dianes minions and is a bully, calls girls stupid and is constantly gossiping behing our backs. If you arent at the local OC sharkeez getting wasted with her, she is not on your side.
    Customer serv. rep at corporate is rude and aggressive. acts like we dont do our job.
    A bully environment overall
    ALl they care about is us being pushy when customers come in, instead of caring and helping them find a suit.

Hire people who care and are hard workers, not just those who are willing to scheme. The only thing disposable is the ugly attitude this company holds

There are newer employer reviews for Diane's Beachwear