Unpredictable...

Former Employee - National Accounts Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - National Accounts Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Dice full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary was good. Compensation was good. Coworkers were great.

Cons

Lack of communication from management. I was terminated without so much as a verbal warning, a written review, or final warning. I got a call from my manager, and out of the blue I was informed I was terminated. Beware a company that lacks communication. As far as I knew, I was an employee in good standing. I moved from Colorado to Florida to take this job. In less than six months, I was fired. Again, without so much as a performance review. Beware! Beware! Beware!

Advice to Management

Communicate with your field sales team!

Other Employee Reviews for Dice

Good Place to Work, Best for Marketing, Sales and IT

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Work-Life Balance, smart management, engaging teams. Management seems interested in opinions from everyone and will listen to opposing views without prejudice.

Cons

Conservative management, sometimes intervenes in decisions better left to technical or line managers and staff. Marketing-driven, sometimes at expense of smooth operation.

Advice to Management

Keep the relatively flat organization chart, talk more to end users, even the small ones, be more aggressive with PR at all levels.

Good people, very bad managment

Former Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

I worked at Dice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great bunch of professional colleagues, nice office culture

Cons

Management focused on themselves, not willing to work with their teams to achieve mutual goals. Very unclear strategy which changes constantly, no stability. Recently many good employees left purely down to poor management and lack of support. Most of the managers are just there to take home their high wages without actually doing any work, they have team members who will do that for them. When they not needed anymore they'll disappear without any information as to what actually happened. Many different brands/teams within company with an absolute lack of integration.

Advice to Management

Start looking into reason as to why so many employees are leaving, most of the senior managers needs to be replaced with people who are actually willing to build a good team where everyone works towards the same goal.