Dick Blick

www.dickblick.com
  www.dickblick.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dick Blick

One of the most relaxed jobs I've ever had.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Dick Blick part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very relaxed atmosphere, the people that tend to get hired are laid back and friendly. If you have a background in art, you'll find that it takes almost no time at all to learn the store. Customers also tend to be more laid back than in other retail stores I've worked at.

Cons

The schedule tends to get messed up, but they are good about fixing it.

32 Other Employee Reviews for Dick Blick (View Most Recent)

Dick Blick was a fun and creative place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Person/Cashier in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Person/Cashier in Columbus, OH

I worked at Dick Blick

Pros

Surrounded by art supplies, helping other artists find supplies they need, introducing artists to new supplies they haven't tried before, can use your own creativity when making and setting up the displays, meeting fun and eccentric artists.

Cons

It doesn't pay very much.

From my experience, most of the workers are college art students. Pay them more or give a higher discount, or even an incentive once or twice a year.

An overall positive review.

Current Employee - Unspecified in Galesburg, IL
    Current Employee - Unspecified in Galesburg, IL

I have been working at Dick Blick

Pros

With a strong work ethic, you can be guaranteed a job as long as you want one. The company is growing, so by expressing a desire to grow within the company as well as a positive attitude, you are basically assured promotion somewhere within the company.

Cons

From the perspective of working in the distribution center (warehouse), gaining full time status and the benefits that go along with it take, on average, about a year. That coupled with the starting salary of $8.25/hr make it hard for the average worker to become established.

The general consensus on the ground is that if you increase wages, and at the same time start getting rid of employees who consistently slack off, you will certainly increase your productivity.

There are newer employer reviews for Dick Blick