Dick's Sporting Goods

Terrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods

Pros

Willing to work around my daytime job.

Cons

I feel like they have just thrown me to the wolves. Poor training by young people who could care less. No instruction for new hires, I just had to watch what everone else did and go by that. So far its been a terrible experience. But what can I say, I need a job.

This is a fast pace job, train your new hires well. Don't leave it up to irresponsible college kids.

1041 Other Employee Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods (View Most Recent)

Former Employee - Team Sports Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Team Sports Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods

Pros

Work with Sports, and not much stress, a few of my managers were very nice and wanted employees to be happy

Cons

Impossible to get raise , some managers only care about themselves and store managers look at themselves as superior beings, one week I would work 40 hours then the next week only 12. Very inconsistent and hard to get motivated

Even though it was just a job while I was in school senior management needs to treat lower level employees better and pay better to keep them motivated

The name Fits the company.

Current Employee - Footwear Lead in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Footwear Lead in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods

Pros

There is always hours available if your wanting to work as there's so much turnover. Always giving new employees a chance to come aboard.

Cons

No communication, non committal to Company Directive from Management in store. If they would actually train employees instead of just hiring and putting them on the schedule we may have a better work enviroment.

I would suggest you look in on your employees on why some not only succeed but why the rest is so inconsistent across the board. How do you score 100% on SAR when if asked questions in person most employees don't know.

There are newer employer reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods