Dick's Sporting Goods
www.dickssportinggoods.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Retail is retail.

Atlanta, GA

ProsDecent discounts on "fun" sporting good products, some repeat customers that are enjoyable to interact with, bonuses are based on your particular store's sales so there's incentive to push the associates to do well.

ConsThe hours aren't good. The company sets expectations on metrics and when you achieve your goals they are never satisfied, so they simply up the goal or ask why you aren't doing as well as the top performer in your area.

Self-fulfilling.

Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods

Pros: Around sports minded people and fun to work with athletes. The people that come… Cons: Product knowledge is very limited. The initial training is informative, but there are never really the specifics in… Advice to Senior Management: The members should be able to find product information so they are actually helping the customer and… More

Not for the faint of heart

Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods

Pros: Not too many pros for the footwear department. I guess… Cons: Footwear department is HARD on a person. Constantly running up and down stairs and climbing shelves. Saturdays are horrendous, there is no way… Advice to Senior Management: While I worked there, there were certain employees who were given preference over others as to their work week.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dick's Sporting Goods.

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dick's Sporting Goods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Edward W. Stack. All reviews posted anonymously by Dick's Sporting Goods employees.