Dick's Sporting Goods

www.dickssportinggoods.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Great company, bad interpersonal politics

Current Employee - Confidential in East Point, GA
Current Employee - Confidential in East Point, GA

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits and programs for employees such as charity sales, blue call, pysch, etc

Cons

Management oversee the employees with the likeness of a controlled institution. The management have a regimen which consists of standing at the top of conveyors in shifts and surveilling the employees while they work, follow employees around the warehouse in an intimidating way even though the warehouse is completely wired with cameras, and favortism and corruption is so deeply embedded in the culture from management, that it makes working at a great company more than challenging. I am not ranting or venting, you are welcome to come and become apart of us and see firsthand.

It is not so much the workers, but management's behavior needs to be reassessed by a third party. They have training classes so that is not working effectively. Therefore, I suggest a thorough dig and cut of the bad seeds to resolve these issues.

994 Other Employee Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods (View Most Recent)

Identity crises...full service prices, discount store staffing!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, discount. Around sports most of the time. Not really that much pressure, other than trying to please customers, while incredibly understaffed! Good insurance for full-time employees

Cons

staffing is at bare minimum...my store spent $1.5 renovation, yet staffing levels are lower than before renovation. Managers are robots...no ability to use critical thinking skills. NO INCENTIVE compensation period...how do you think employees are going to stay motivated?

no reason to offer advice....management won't listen to to the folks in trenches

Mediocre Pay, Fun Environment

Current Employee - Team Sports Associate in Ladera Ranch, CA
    Current Employee - Team Sports Associate in Ladera Ranch, CA

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods part-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Competitive Pay
    -Fun Environment
    -Employees get along

Cons

-Managers expect you to cover 2-4 departments at once and get mad if expectations aren't met
    -Customers thrash the store and you're constantly cleaning up
    -Not flexible when it comes to sicknesses and scheduling
    -Corporate doesn't make wise decisions for the outlook of the store and wastes the employees times by having us constantly rearrange the store with unnecessary change.

Hire more people and don't be afraid to have a person in every department. Customers are always complaining and It's hard for the employees to keep up.

There are newer employer reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods