Dick's Sporting Goods

www.dickssportinggoods.com

Only if your desperate

Bicycle Tech (Current Employee) Newark, DE

ProsSome of the discounts are ok, The other part time workers. Meeting new customers.

ConsWhere to start, this company stinks from the ground up. Honestly im not sure how they stay in business. Let me give you some examples.

Our new store manager gives a huge meeting on how only one employee at a time can go on break, then for lunch him and the other manger go out for an hour lunch.

They do not seem to care a bit about the employees, breaks are hard to get, they have an attitude like you are bothering them if you ask for your break. Lunch breaks are also very hard to get, i finally had to just leave cause managment didnt want to deal with the problem that day.

When i was hired i had great managers, and a great work enviroment, now with new managment its not that way. Managers routinely yell at employees, belittle them in front of others, basicly they act like they have had no managment training what so ever.

Bike shop is a mess, you cant get tubes from this company. Tubes for crying out loud. Its three months and i still cant get 26' mtn bike tubes in shrader valve. Same goes for kickstands.

Of course as a huge company devoted to providing 100 percent customer satifiaction they only provide you with like two to three sizes in bikes. 16,18,20 inch sizes. Anything bigger needs special ordered. And the special order system is a huge mess. Most the time we would get bikes, it would be 8 models of the exact same size. What a joke.

Company doesnt care about employees, they dont pay worth a darn and the discounts arnt that good. They pay lip service to customer service, but in the end only look for ways to blame the employes for the lack of payroll.

Oh, and when you read reviews on DSG.com about bikes and see that pedals fall off, that is entirely a assembly issue, not a bike failure issue. Get your people some training, the guy i took over from didnt use any grease, true wheels, adjust hubs, or produce safe bikes in any way, shape or form. I had to come in on my time off to train him to get him up to a good level of beuilding bikes.

Forget about getting tools, bike shop has been stripped of tools, and there is never money to get new ones. We just turn away customers who want repairs.

I am finally walking away from this place.
 First : of all they managers are very bad at employee relations. with very few exceptions.
Two : they keep changing the sceadual every week, so there is no way to plan your life.
Three: They are more concerned with score more and score cards then making sure people get thier breaks.
Four: they treat employees as disposable, employees who feel this way then give bad customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore you promote some of these "professional" managers, how about getting them some real manager training. These people are a joke you have sent us.

Over worked

Apparel Associate (Former Employee) Madison, WI

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods part-time for more than a year

Pros: Good discount. Flexible shifts. Company discounts at other stores affiliated with… Cons: Store is understaffed. Work most of shift solo, even during holidays. Have to… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees like people, not objects Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

interviewed for job in the new Oneonta NY Store

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oneonta, NY

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods part-time for less than a year

Pros: interviewers TRIED to ACT polite with an emphasis on TRIED Cons: This company definitely discriminates against people over 40. And if the interview dosent show you that then go in this new store and ask… Advice to Senior Management: Enlighten yourselves. Stop breaking the labor law about hiring older workers and improve your sales staff. Young is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Dick's Sporting Goods.

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!