Dick's Sporting Goods
www.dickssportinggoods.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Horrible Management

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Buford, GA

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods part-time for less than a year

ProsYou get to wear gym shoes, that's about it.

ConsHorrible management - they are only there to work you so they can make a bonus and move up in the company. They do not care if you have prior experience or a college degree, all they want is someone that can help make sales goals and work horrible hours. Hourly rate is poor, turnover rate is high, and hours are cut constantly, not guaranteeing the hours you were told at your interview.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating the associates like drones, and more like people. And don't lie about hours when you interview people - Dick's will cut hours before they cut prices, leaving customers frustrated because there is no help on the floor and associates working multiple departments since there isn't enough coverage.

Not a bad company to work for if you're flexible.

Footwear Lead (Former Employee)
Paducah, KY

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fair pay for retail. Good discount through vendors. All associates… Cons: The schedule was constantly changing at the last minute. Communication from management down was completely lacking and often times people got written up for things… Advice to Senior Management: Make more time for training and making sure things get communicated properly. If you want a satisfied customer base it's… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

High School Job

Cashier (Former Employee)
Ladera Ranch, CA

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods part-time for more than a year

Pros: Clean, low stress, relatively easy, lots of young people Cons: Treated like a baby. Irresponsible middle management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Dick's Sporting Goods.

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dick's Sporting Goods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Edward W. Stack. All reviews posted anonymously by Dick's Sporting Goods employees.