Dick's Sporting Goods

There are newer employer reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Constantly overworked

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you love sports and outdoors, then this is the company for you. It is a great store with great products. The company is always pushing forward to be the best and is never complacent.

Cons

You will be overworked right down to the last associate. This company will sqeeze every ounce it can out of you. You will constantly hear, "You need to be more productive" and "just get it done." They have an unlevel playing field with regards to payroll. I am a numbers cruncher and have worked in many stores. They preach customer service, but will let you run a store without the bodies to even come close to properly helping our customers. After you have given everything you can and you are exhausted, then you will be pushed out. I am still with the company and I see this happen all of the time.

Practice what you preach. Get the stores on a level playing field with payroll. Realize that the new "computerized" scheduler that adds thousands of $$ to the test stores is showing you what we need to run the store properly. Say "thank you" or "good job" once in a while without following it up with a "what have you done for me lately" or "you are underperforming in this area." If a store is ranked in the top 10 in overall metrics or selling metrics, don't beat them over the head with the one category that they are not in the top 10.

853 Other Employee Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods (View Most Recent)

beats most jobs for sure

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods

Pros

flexible schedule. do what your supposed to and they will love you. low stress except during the holidays.

Cons

I always work weekends. there are some stupid people that work there.

upper level management loves to cut costs. whats easiest to cut? labor of course. if they would spend a few hundred more a week on labor they would make thousands more. same goes for raises. if someone performs give them more $$$ or they will go elsewhere.

Greatest job ever

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods

Pros

I just watched ESPN all day and got paid for it.

Cons

They managers literally do nothing except give orders. If you have a problem they are not helpful at all.

Fewer managers and treat employees with more respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods