Dick's Sporting Goods
www.dickssportinggoods.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Hourly Employee

Running Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsStore discount, Online discounts, You meet some very nice people,

Working here part time can point you in two directions: Either, you want to become part of management and move very slowly up the line, or you can get a reality check and find out that you are being paid nothing to work horrible hours and you will continue your career search elsewhere.

ConsPay, Hours, Weekends/Holidays, People will always complain about something, Many times you will find that your supervisors are less qualified and competent than you might be (that's just retail for you), There is always some type of disconnect among the managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking you know everything, take advice or appreciate your employees. Chances are they have more experience than you do in most areas.

Ex: It is hard to take someone seriously who has never worked in sporting goods but managed a grocery store. That type of management isn't the same.

Great place to work

Material Handler (Current Employee)
    Plainfield, IN

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods full-time for more than a year

Pros: 4 raises your first year 3 for the next 2 years then 1 yearly evaluation raise every year as long… Cons: When the warehouse is slow they ask people if they want to go home. You can… Advice to Senior Management: get people trained on more equipment sooner Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Held together by popsicle sticks

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods part-time for more than a year

Pros: Fun, young culture Laid back hours and flexible scheduling Cons: Your experience depends heavily on the management of your store Typical retail,… Advice to Senior Management: Stock all products that are placed in circulars and implement… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dick's Sporting Goods.

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dick's Sporting Goods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Edward W. Stack. All reviews posted anonymously by Dick's Sporting Goods employees.