There are newer employer reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Phenomenal Internship Program

Former Intern - Intern in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Intern - Intern in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

As intern, did the work of a full-time employee in merchandising field. Had meaningful project which added value to the company. Opportunities to interact with senior management. Great work/life balance, active employees. Interns are extremely likely to receive full-time offers. The company is growing very aggressibely, so plenty of opportunities for advancement, and people who go through the rotational program (full-time position you are offered after interning) have an advantage in getting these positions. Plus, housing was provided

Cons

Work itself wasn't very rewarding.

reviews filtered by

Boring

Former Employee - PGA Golf Professional @ Dicks Sporting Goods in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are decent, People are good to work with

Cons

It is a very motononous job. Its a retail job so some weekends are busy and fun, some are not.

2. Running Specialist

Current Employee - Running Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Running Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent discounts, flexible hours, great atmosphere and co-workers, plus footwear gets a little spoiled from vendors and reps. Some perks include free shoes and gear, paid race registrations etc.

Cons

Mediocre pay, can be tedious and boring at times, but that's all retail. Considering what we get paid, I sometimes think they expect a bit too much.

My managers are really great, though sometimes they could realize that for 8 dollars an hour, I'm not ecstatic about going above and beyond for the "company".

There are newer employer reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods