Dick's Sporting Goods

www.dickssportinggoods.com

Best retail place to work

Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee) Novi, MI

ProsManagement was hands off. They let you do your job, and didn't make up work for you to do. Most managers were nice and friendly, and I didn't mind working hard for them. Pretty laid back atmosphere. Worked at target before Dick's, and I liked dicks much much better.

ConsWhen my section got busy, and customers were yelling at me because they hadn't been helped, no one, including the managers, would come and relieve me.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter back room and inventory controls. No inventory of what's in the stockrooms and where. When you pull product to the floor, there should be a computerized way to "move it" from the back room to the sales floor. This will also help with employee theft.

Running Specialist

Specialist (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods full-time for less than a year

Pros: The discount and that is it. Cons: Horrible employee training, not enough associates on the floor, and… Advice to Senior Management: Fire your department managers when they are causing the entire… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

ok

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods for more than a year

Pros: the company provides good customer service Cons: Need to get more feedback from a store level Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Dick's Sporting Goods.

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!