Dick's Sporting Goods
www.dickssportinggoods.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Not the nicest of the bunch

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods full-time for more than a year

ProsThe new building and it's amenities are fantasic. The company has a great thing going with it's over all management and and direction. The benefits are fantastic. Health insurance is cheap, but great coverage, the bonuses are fantastic and average 15-20% (for all levels of employment and is based on company performance).

ConsSoftware development is lacking and has only one director that has ever worked with Software before. The software development department refuses to follow any industry best practices because their mantra is "We are not IT, we sell gym shorts."

Minor gripe - Business casual dress code (IE No Jeans).

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some management and staff that have developed or worked with software prior to coming to the company. Quit moving folks from the business (IE Sales and Marketing) into software development, especially the management staff.

Cashier

Cashier (Current Employee)
Richmond, VA

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods part-time for less than a year

Pros: Flexible schedule. Work was easy and paid training. I… Cons: Temp job. Called almost everyday to fill in for… Advice to Senior Management: N/A Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Solid company, flagship store worker, worked through college

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Vestal, NY

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods part-time for more than a year

Pros: Very flexible with time scheduling which helped me work my… Cons: During holiday and popular shopping months for retail hours were… Advice to Senior Management: Some management often talked down to their workers in a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Dick's Sporting Goods.

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dick's Sporting Goods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Edward W. Stack. All reviews posted anonymously by Dick's Sporting Goods employees.