Great Part Time job

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods

Pros

Awesome discounts, great management structure. Has a variety of items that want to have so always get first pick of all that comes in.

Cons

Low Pay, Odd hours, and if you are full time, could mean only 30 hours a week, so set your budget at 30 hrs a week.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Everyone that I work with is really helpful!

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Each associate contributes to a department. That way we cover all the departments throughout the day. We have a walkie talkie system which is fantastic because we are able to ask questions, get answers, and just overall communication with each other without having to be in the same area. Most of our associates are also trained in other departments so if we need backup in a certain department, then we can have help from other departments. If you enjoys sports and participating in a team environment, Dick's is the place for you. We work together just like a team. Dick's is also very flexible when scheduling which works nice with my coaching schedule.

Cons

My store specifically was going through some management changes at the time of my hire so I was not trained in many areas. Luckily, with the help of many of my co-workers, it was a fairly easy adjustment for me.

Advice to Management

Make sure there are enough employees working in each department so that some people can work on projects/training while others focus on customer service.

2. non merchandising Internship Review

Former Intern - Non Merchandising Internship in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Intern - Non Merchandising Internship in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Given difficult work, had a wonderful supportive team, worked with very smart people. Beautiful corporate campus. Everyone is really friendly, outgoing and fit. Dick's hosts wonderful events for its employees.

Cons

The commute from the city to headquarters is a little tiresome and difficult, tough for someone who wants to live in the city.

Advice to Management

Find a way to compensate interns commuting from the city.