Dick's Sporting Goods

www.dickssportinggoods.com
  www.dickssportinggoods.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

An excellent place to begin a career in the field of Sports Business

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay, team environment, networking with co-workers shows tremendous benefits, shifting from store to store seamlessly

Cons

Sometimes the hours can get a little rough and every now and then, situations that need handled require knowledge that is above current pay grade both management and associate level.

Stop letting the clock of Dick's Sporting Goods get in the way of greater things in life like safety and well being of employees.

927 Other Employee Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods (View Most Recent)

Don't work at Dicks if you want to have a life outside of Dicks…or want to be spoken to by your superiors with respect

Former Employee - Apparel Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Apparel Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods part-time (less than an year)

Pros

3point5 is a great site but it is not just for Dicks employees…just note if you do use 3point5 track your purchase and pick it up the day it is delivered because they have no problem putting your purchase out to be sold..also depending on who you speak to some at Dicks will tell you that you can get fired for using 3point5…although from what i have gathered everyone at the corporate office uses it regularly...

Cons

management is rude and self serving…DSG loves to promote whomever sucks up the most and will exploit every employee by talking to them about possible promotions then hiring the suck up first…They have little to no care about the people who do their work, being a kiss ass is way better…if you want to go places at Dicks stand around, do nothing, flirt with your coworkers and rarely be seen helping customers because if you work hard the moment you relax for a second or decide your going to only do your job not every ones job you will be talked down to by a manager telling you that you are slacking…note this is while others are just standing around doing NOTHING…also if you need a day off or have an availability change you have to submit it 4 weeks in advance but Dicks will tell you when you work 48 hours before your shift, they also love to change when you work with out telling you…be prepared to show up to work to find out that you are not on the schedule or you were suppose to be there hours earlier which will result in a write up if you aren't one of the people who sucks up to their manager

District Managers need to restaff with people who actually care about the lives of the people who they work with…everyone in management lives in fear of some idiot from corporate coming in and dressing them down in front of customers and other coworkers…I have seen a top corporate employee throw a temper tantrum because he didn't get through the line a week before xmas quick enough…I think that is proof of what type of company Dicks is!!!

Great Work Environment, Very High Expectations

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Nyack, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Nyack, NY

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Opportunities for growth and internal promotions.
    - Excellent training programs.
    - Easy-access HR resources.
    - Fast-paced, clean, high-end retail environment provides for a stimulating work day.

Cons

- It's hard work! Selling customers on credit cards, adding warranties and protection plans, upselling products and adding transaction items are a minimum expectation.
    - Long hours as a result of stringent labor limits put on scheduling manager.
    - NO MORE PART TIME BENEFITS AS A RESULT OF THE ACA.

You're doing an awesome job and I really appreciate all the training you've provided me so that I'm confident in doing my job. Thank you for making Dick's a fun and supportive place to work at. I enjoy coming in to work every day and feel rewarded for my hard work. But isn't there some way to keep part-time benefits???

There are newer employer reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods