Dick's Sporting Goods

www.dickssportinggoods.com

OK, but unrealistic expectations

Cashier (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGet a decent discount, work with some very nice people, try to accommodate your schedule unless it is in the Month of December:) Staying open for Black Friday all day and night like all the loser stores such as *mart, etc.

ConsI work as a cashier, and these are the duties of a person getting just above minimum wage. Greet customers and ask if they found everything ok, get them to sign up for a scorecard( a free loyalty card), try to upsell a protection plan if available on their product(s), try to get them to open a credit card, take returns, use coupons that only work for 1/2 of our clothing and merchandizing, explain why the other half do not accept coupons, turn away coupons received on the internet from unauthorized places, answer the phone, not allowed to drink water at the front line, and do it all within 1-2 minutes because of the constant understaffing, and fold cloths if you happen to get a breather.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more cashiers, give cashiers so more $, all employees should sell the protection plan and credit cards, not just the cashiers, type in larger letters which sale clothes are not on sale, have a sign posted we only accept authorized Dick's credit cards. Start making ALL employees mention the scorecard and credit card, everyone should answer the phone. REALLY need to employ more cashiers, waiting in line for 10-15 minutes sucks, and there is no way that the person will get a scorecard let alone a protection plan or credit card. ALL store, no matter the size should have a greeter to help out to show clients where everything is and help keep the lines flowing.

Overall great place to work throught out college

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods

Pros: Work around school schedule, get as many or as little… Cons: Late nights depending on how the day shift goes Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Never enough Payroll to get the job done to standards

Sales Lead (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great fun work environment. Decent discount. Comfortable attire… Cons: Unrealistic expectations with the amount of payroll given to get task… Advice to Senior Management: If the top priority is taking care of the customer, give… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Dick's Sporting Goods.

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!