Dick's Sporting Goods

www.dickssportinggoods.com
  www.dickssportinggoods.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Great store/team environment, but no support from senior leadership, no payroll and no work life balance.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team's in the stores.
Fun store environment.
Great products to sell and share with customers.
Room for advancement, if you are willing to work long hours/extra days.

Cons

No payroll.
Managers expected to spend most of their time completing manual labor because of the above issue.
No culture around work/life balance
No culture around development. Although managers and store manager are expected to develop their team, there is no time to do so.
Senior leadership has no idea of how to train and develop, they only have a "I gotcha you" attitude around their walks. It's all about what is not perfect, when it should be about "how are we going to get this perfect"
Senior leadership can not communicate or relate to people at all and puts forth the impression he could care less about the person/people only that things are completed.

Ad payroll to complete the expected daily routines/tasks and managers/store managers can actual lead and develop their teams, not completing manual labor.
Change the culture to focus on work/life balance and team development in the stores.
Start a yearly process of a store associate survey so that all associates, managers and store managers have an avenue to communicate what they are experiencing.

799 Other Employee Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods (View Most Recent)

Fun place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun place, great co-workers and managers, selling great premium brands! We sell a lot of neat merchandise and interact with customers that have a passion for sports and outdoors.

Cons

Expectations from the "corporate office" are confusing. I don't think that the executives at the corporate office understand what our customers want and they don't connect with the associates in stores. A couple of months ago we had an "executive visit" and the VP did not smile once and I witnessed him walk past several customers and associates without saying anything, which is what we are told not to do!?!

Connect with the stores, seek out feedback from your associates

Great Company

Current Employee - Sales Support Manager  in  Laguna Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Support Manager in Laguna Hills, CA

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

flexible work schedule for young adults

Cons

have to work on holidays

There are newer employer reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!