Dick's Sporting Goods
www.dickssportinggoods.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Great store/team environment, but no support from senior leadership, no payroll and no work life balance.

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat team's in the stores.
Fun store environment.
Great products to sell and share with customers.
Room for advancement, if you are willing to work long hours/extra days.

ConsNo payroll.
Managers expected to spend most of their time completing manual labor because of the above issue.
No culture around work/life balance
No culture around development. Although managers and store manager are expected to develop their team, there is no time to do so.
Senior leadership has no idea of how to train and develop, they only have a "I gotcha you" attitude around their walks. It's all about what is not perfect, when it should be about "how are we going to get this perfect"
Senior leadership can not communicate or relate to people at all and puts forth the impression he could care less about the person/people only that things are completed.

Advice to Senior ManagementAd payroll to complete the expected daily routines/tasks and managers/store managers can actual lead and develop their teams, not completing manual labor.
Change the culture to focus on work/life balance and team development in the stores.
Start a yearly process of a store associate survey so that all associates, managers and store managers have an avenue to communicate what they are experiencing.

I had a great time while working at Dick's. Retail was tough but we had a good crew to help out with that

Front End (Former Employee)
Papillion, NE

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods part-time for less than a year

Pros: Worked with great people, great discount, and great clothes. Everyone… Cons: Some of the downsides would be the customers--as is always an… Advice to Senior Management: Support your workers, you need them as much as they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Friendly People

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods

Pros: All of the associates are friendly Cons: The Customers are mostly terrible More

There are newer reviews on Dick's Sporting Goods.

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dick's Sporting Goods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Edward W. Stack. All reviews posted anonymously by Dick's Sporting Goods employees.