Dick's Sporting Goods

www.dickssportinggoods.com

This was a great learning experience.

Running Specialist (Current Employee) Oceanside, CA

ProsStarting pay was a $1.50 above minimum. Good management training program results in well managed stores. Advancement potential. Overall fun, laid back environment.

ConsUsually workers are fresh out of high school, and can be a little immature/petty/dramatic. This varies from store to store, but at one point our trucks were coming in at midnight... overnight stocking shifts were brutal.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the elementary-school-style "incentive" programs, and actually offer bonuses or cash kick-backs for employees who excel at whatever customer service metric you are trying to drive that month. I don't need a sticker.

It is a growing company, committed to technology and improvement.

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods

Pros: great products, growing company, commitment to excellence. Cons: changes come fast and often, be prepared to react. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sales Associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods

Pros: the discount was alright to have Cons: Dealing with scheduling conflicts with managers – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Dick's Sporting Goods.

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!