Dick's Sporting Goods
www.dickssportinggoods.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

DSG is a great place to work!

Merchandise Analyst (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

ProsCasual dress code and flexible hours. Work hard/Play hard mentality. Most employees are happy and the work place is pleasant. Beautiful office, complete with a full cafe and gym.

ConsPolitical. While praise is given, negative feedback is held back. Experience isn't valued as much as youth. Standard operation procedures aren't used.

Advice to Senior ManagementEd Stack is a great leader with a personal interest in the company. He does what is right - regardless of how hard it might be to execute.

It's retail

Apparel Associate (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods

Pros: Flexible scheduling, easy to manipulate managers, locations, no drug testing, co-workers are awesome for the most part.… Cons: At 21 I am more educated than the majority of my managers, 8 managers at one store+lack of communication=grade A entertainment, hours are sporadic (i.e.… Advice to Senior Management: Quit eye-balling the female co-workers, communicate with each-other, and lay off the high-fives, those are ridiculous. I understand you have a shoe-string budget to… More

Okay

Cashier (Current Employee)
    Diberville, MS

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods

Pros: I received a 25% discount. Most of my coworkers were… Cons: The store was three towns away from my home and I didn't enjoy the job… Advice to Senior Management: All of the managers but one did an outstanding job at running… More
There are newer reviews on Dick's Sporting Goods.

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dick's Sporting Goods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Edward W. Stack. All reviews posted anonymously by Dick's Sporting Goods employees.