Dickstein Shapiro

www.dicksteinshapiro.com

Has gone downhill...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLike most firms, staff and attorneys are a tiny bit cliquish, but it is not as bad here as some other places. You can still be friends with attorney, staff, and partner alike. As with all place, you have you're exceptions, but overall the people who work here are wonderful. The benefits are pretty good, and the office is locate right above a metro stop. They have diversity programs with some great speakers, and the office is really nice and brand new. They have their own cafe with is pretty decent, but also a bunch of places to eat in the lower level. There is also a gym in the building with nice equipment.

ConsThis place used to be a great place to work, but like many other firms in the area has been forced to cut back. The place where the cutbacks are felt the most is with staff. The amount on how they have cut back on staff has gotten to the point where the staff is unhappy (both supporting staff because they have to support as many as 3 to 4 attorneys/partners each, and attorneys who have to prepare much of their own stuff since things aren't getting done as quick as they used to.) You have some people who are incredibly busy to the point of tears and others walking around complaining about the work they don't ever seem to be working on. Maybe it was just my practice area, but management had no clue as to what was going on. When you are new, you're pretty much on you're own as far as training goes, unless you're lucky enough to find someone who wants to help you out (the great people that work there are a BIG pro). It wasn't even a year ago I used to love coming here. Now I'm glad it's over with.

Advice to Senior Management1

Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dickstein Shapiro

Pros: A friendly working environment. The firm treated their staff… Cons: Having to deal with D.C. firm for certain issues. More

Business Professional

Confidential (Business Professional) (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at Dickstein Shapiro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Intelligent and professional people. This used to be a great place to work, with many… Cons: Job security. You never know when they are going to do a round of lay-offs and there's no… Advice to Senior Management: Be transparent. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Dickstein Shapiro.

Worked for Dickstein Shapiro? Contribute to the Community!