There are newer employer reviews for Diebold

A fantastic place to work when at work.

Former Employee - Customer Service Engineer III in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Customer Service Engineer III in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Diebold full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great hours of operation, good learning experience and great benefits and compensation.

Cons

Insensitive managers to employees.facing crisis and hardship

Be more sensitive to the employees when they're facing crisis.

249 Other Employee Reviews for Diebold (View Most Recent)

Installation and service for electronics products

Former Employee - Senior Installer and Service Tec in Tamarac, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Installer and Service Tec in Tamarac, FL

I worked at Diebold full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

allways paid on time, (or early) in the past had GREAT training classes with real field issues.

Cons

company now only wants to take care of SHORT TERM business , cut all cost that does not bring this months $$ up, does not matter if it will hurt customers in the long term.

Go back to Field EMPLOYEES matter, as they and the ones customers see every day, also go back to salesmen that talks face to face with customer, NO Long term CUSTOMER wants to buy equipment and services via email and phone calls. Also when upper management should never tell Employees as a group that they do not matter and that they can be replaced with younger, lower cost persons.

Going downhill fast

Current Employee - Analyst in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Analyst in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Diebold full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

My first ten years at the company, I learned a lot and was promoted frequently.
    I was able to work on multiple cross-functional, inter-department projects both in the US and Europe which was both educational and fun.
    I was able to change jobs within the company several times to gain new skills/experiences and work with many people.

Cons

Diebold doesn't support their employees like they used to. We are all just numbers now.
    Company expects more work for less pay every year. People leave and are not replaced so work is "absorbed" but there are no raises and benefits keep being eliminated.
    Communication from management is almost non-existent. You never know what you are supposed to be doing or how your goals fit into the big picture.
    Goals are changed monthly--no exaggeration. The company doesn't seem to know which way they want to go. Therefore goals are unachievable.
    There is no feedback from management about how you are doing--only panic attacks when a customer calls to complain about something. Reviews are so infrequent, I can't remember the last time I had one.
    Overall morale is very low. Not a happy place to work anymore.

Choose a direction, communicate clearly what the goals are and stick with it for more than a month. Treat your employees with respect and ask for their input. You will be amazed at how company performance improves when your employees feel valued.

There are newer employer reviews for Diebold