There are newer employer reviews for Diebold

DBD 150 years old and acts like it.

Former Employee - Project Manager in North Canton, OH
Former Employee - Project Manager in North Canton, OH

Pros

Not much else in NE Ohio and hey one of NE Ohio's best 100 companies to work for.. must have surveyed 99 companies.

Cons

They know there isn't much competition and they pay like it, well unless your a C level exec and they pay you for being with the same company without new ideas for the last 20 years.

Advice to Management

Wake up your competition is competing as a commodity instead of the good old boy network

Other Employee Reviews for Diebold

Diebold is just an average job (from a field technicians point of view).

Former Employee - CSE I in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - CSE I in Boston, MA

Pros

I worked with a great/knowlegable group of techs. They were my friend, more then co-workers. The indepence the job provides, no boss over your shoulder, no hanging around an office all day. Also, you interact with customers in many (not all) making your days more flexible.

Cons

*PAY IS BAD. COULDN'T SUPPORT MYSELF IN BOSTON AREA*. Would literally need government assistance to get by (sad). The company atmosphere in general has gone down hill in the past few years. Used to like working there, now I no longer work there. Will provide no future for myseff and family..

Advice to Management

Used to have a good manager. New manager is awful, doesn't know what she is doing.

Overall, a good place to work

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in North Canton, OH

Pros

First, it's a huge company -- within the many different departments and lines of business, it should be easy to find a good fit we're you're happy and fulfilled. Also, if you need to transfer somewhere else for personal reasons, there's likely a Diebold office already there. Diebold does reward people for new ideas, and for doing a good job. Associates are encouraged to speak their minds. There is a lot of internal training available. For me, I'm never bored which is a big deal -- most everyone I know within the company is working on several different projects and/or wears a couple of different hats. Diebold is celebrating their 150th year in business this year -- stability is important. Most of all, there are a lot of really great people who really care about the job they do and the customers they serve.

Cons

Pay isn't great and never has been -- it's not just a side effect of the economy. Recently had 401k matching reduced and had some benefit programs removed completely. There's a lot of secrecy -- the higher ups don't share stuff with the rank and file until it's fait accompli. Sometimes I think upper management is making decisions in a vacuum -- making really big, transforming changes in the way t company does business without taking into account the way the changes will affect our ability as a company to satisfy customers -- sometimes one change seems to conflict with another, suggesting that the different groups are not communicating with each other the way they should be.

Advice to Management

Get out of the Menlo thing. It's not a good idea to have an outside concern handling all of our inventory. If Menlo fails -- and based on what I've seen in the last six months, they will -- we're going to play hell trying to figure out what happened to everything.