Diebold

It's ok.....

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Canton, OH
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Canton, OH

I worked at Diebold

Pros

Pretty good pay, comparable to industry standard.

Cons

Very little room for advancement, in my opinion.

273 Other Employee Reviews for Diebold (View Most Recent)

Pretty Good

Current Employee - Service Tech in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Service Tech in Miami, FL

I have been working at Diebold

Pros

Great Benefits package
    Good Training and tech support
    I dont think they micro manage at all but I was in the military before this
    The best product out there but thats not saying much

Cons

Other than the fact that we get paid like foreign laborers. I fixed aircraft computers in the military and some of the stuff the service techs do take just as much or more troubleshooting and skill to do. I mean whats up with the 1-3% raises thats not even enough to keep up with inflation.

I think you pay the developers way to much or it is just one guy developing everything. I mean its 2011 why does it seem like atm technology is stuck in the 90's? You guys treat us great but if you dont start paying us more we will find better paying jobs.

unexpected very good experience

Former Employee - Lead Software Developer in North Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Lead Software Developer in North Canton, OH

I worked at Diebold

Pros

It looks like a lot of people like to stay long time with Diebold. I've seen many people with over 20 years at Diebold (including a few with over 40 years at the same company!).
    I guess this has something to do with the management style and the fact that the collaboration between the people is a preferred work style (opposed to other companies preferring "tournament theory" - i.e. the competition between their employees).

Cons

I can't really think about cons of working at Diebold.
    As everywhere, you'll find all kind of people with different ideas and work experience -and Diebold is no exception, so it's possible to end up in a team where not all the people will like working together. I also this it depends on the position you get a Diebold (there are some positions which involves a lot of routine)

I don't have any specific advice to the leadership at Diebold. They are doing a pretty good job with this company which is over 140 years old.

There are newer employer reviews for Diebold