Pretty Good

Current Employee - Service Tech in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Service Tech in Miami, FL

Pros

Great Benefits package Good Training and tech support I dont think they micro manage at all but I was in the military before this The best product out there but thats not saying much

Cons

Other than the fact that we get paid like foreign laborers. I fixed aircraft computers in the military and some of the stuff the service techs do take just as much or more troubleshooting and skill to do. I mean whats up with the 1-3% raises thats not even enough to keep up with inflation.

Advice to Management

I think you pay the developers way to much or it is just one guy developing everything. I mean its 2011 why does it seem like atm technology is stuck in the 90's? You guys treat us great but if you dont start paying us more we will find better paying jobs.

Other Employee Reviews for Diebold

1. unexpected very good experience

Former Employee - Lead Software Developer in North Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Lead Software Developer in North Canton, OH

Pros

It looks like a lot of people like to stay long time with Diebold. I've seen many people with over 20 years at Diebold (including a few with over 40 years at the same company!). I guess this has something to do with the management style and the fact that the collaboration between the people is a preferred work style (opposed to other companies preferring "tournament theory" - i.e. the competition between their employees).

Cons

I can't really think about cons of working at Diebold. As everywhere, you'll find all kind of people with different ideas and work experience -and Diebold is no exception, so it's possible to end up in a team where not all the people will like working together. I also this it depends on the position you get a Diebold (there are some positions which involves a lot of routine)

Advice to Management

I don't have any specific advice to the leadership at Diebold. They are doing a pretty good job with this company which is over 140 years old.

I would never recommend Diebold to anyone I cared about

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Pros

The salary and benefits were comparable to other employers of the same size.

Cons

The employees seem to be very depressed. There is virtual silence, and little interaction among employees. The company wants to squeeze as much out of each employee as possible. There is an expectation that you will work unlimited hours at a frenetic pace. Little consideration is given to the employee as a person who has responsibilities outside of work. Discouraging rumors abound.

Advice to Management

Better communication regarding future of locations. Some positive feedback would be appreciated. The atmosphere is one of fear and discouragement. This type of climate generally comes from the top.