Dierbergs Markets

www.dierbergs.com

Dierberg's good for part-time work but not for a career.

Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe management is very good at scheduling shifts around the employees' personal lives (e.g doctor, vacation, social commitments). You get to meet a lot of people and learn how a grocery store really works.

ConsThe pay is above minimum wage, but rather dismal. There is no sense of feeling like you belong there because everyone changes jobs so often. Management is also constantly shuffled, so once you get to know a manager, that person is gone in a few weeks or months.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease pay more attention to those who stay on staff for a long time and haven't had the opportunity to take more responsibility rather then promote those who have been around for a few weeks and aren't much better then the more senior employee you just passed over. Be careful of favoritism, I've seen it happen.

Even though they are a union company, they do not pay well at all..I was very disappointed.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dierbergs Markets part-time for less than a year

Pros: They are very flexible on your hours and the coworkers… Cons: Not enough hours and not enough pay. Advice to Senior Management: Raise your wages and offer more hours to those who… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The Central Kitchen Workers great, management sucks

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dierbergs Markets part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: you will meet many good people, and the insurance is… Cons: No room for growth, raises take forever to get. I was there for three years and only made 9.55 after starting at 8 per… Advice to Senior Management: Be more about the employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Dierbergs Markets.

Worked for Dierbergs Markets? Contribute to the Community!