Digi-Key
www.digikey.com Thief River Falls, MN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to work Horrible place to live

Software Engineer/Developer (Former Employee)
Thief River Falls, MN

ProsLaid back atmosphere, can go to work early and leave early. Takes good care of the IT department. Very flexible with time off. Great work/life balance. Pay is good and benefits are great.

ConsThe location. Its in the middle of nowhere and that is why me and my family left. It would be great if digikey opened up a place in a city, we would go back to work there in a heartbeat.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider opening up a Digikey in a city. You have a great work environment and I had a great time working here. Best place I have ever worked, but since I started a family, our needs changed and the location matters more to us now than the pay. Thanks for taking good care of your coworkers, much appreciated.

Like a long, plain, occasionally iffy marriage

I have been working at Digi-Key full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Digi-Key health care insurance offerings. They match 401(K) contributions. They distribute profit sharing, at differing percentages,… Cons: Biggest con is location of the company. Small town of 8,500, little to no entertainment without driving 1 hr away. Insufficient daycare facilities,… Advice to Senior Management: Management should look to there peers and see what is working for them in regards to subordinate's morale. If you find that another manager's… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

bad management means bad morale

Picker (Former Employee)

I worked at Digi-Key full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: great medical insurance and fun people Cons: In the PDC the management does not care about the workers. the pickers are not judged by the quality of the work they do… Advice to Senior Management: hiring more management is not the answer to the problems. get rid of all the extra management and ask the workers what improvements could… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Digi-Key.

Worked for Digi-Key? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Digi-Key reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Digi-Key CEO Ronald Stordahl. All reviews posted anonymously by Digi-Key employees.