There are newer employer reviews for Digicon

Interesting Work, Good people to work with, People writing the contract not thinking of employees

Current Employee - Network Administrative in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Network Administrative in Washington, DC

I have been working at Digicon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have received a review and a raise each year that I have worked here. I feel like I am valued by the client, but not as much by Digicon Management. I work with good people. My direct manager is compitent and does try to take care of the workers. I do feel valued by the federal clients. The work can sometimes be challenging and keeps me on my toes. I get exposure to new technology and and work on many projects. There isn't much work on weekends and after hours and if you do work and if you do end up working extra hours they are good about giving you back the time.

Cons

The project management seems to care, but they seem to be involved in things that have nothing to do with them. We are not supposed to discuss salary, but I do know that other employees that do what I do make more than me even though I train them. There is a training program, but it took them a year to set it up. Corporate seems to nickle and dime the employees when the government decides to close down and the employees have no choice and have to use PTO or not get paid. The contract for digicon does not allow any workers to work remotely. I can do 99% of my work remotely, and it would be nice to be able to work from home one day out of the week. The rest of the government encourages telework,but the contract strictly prohibits it. Other contractors at the CFTC can telework.

Be more transparent. Be more fair with salaries. Some good people have left because promises were not kept. People were given promotions, but did not see their raise for months. That is unacceptable.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Digicon (View Most Recent)

Management is a Joke

Former Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at Digicon full-time

Pros

Decent benefits
    Salary is above average

Cons

Manager's desperately need management classes
    Reviews are a joke! Get your money coming in the door
    Politics are ridiculous
    Your not recognized for working hard, they reward you with crappy coupons to their internal store
    No tuition assistance

Did I say management was a joke?

Communication is very poor
    Please take the time and invest money in training for managers

Disjointed management approach, live and die based on incoming pipleline of potential projects

Former Employee - Test Manager in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Test Manager in Herndon, VA

I worked at Digicon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, not a bad commute for NOCA

Cons

Staffing was always changing, no sense of teamwork, felt like a consultant instead of full time employee, here one day; gone tomorrow depending on the projects

There are newer employer reviews for Digicon