Digicon
www.digicon.com Herndon, VA 150 to 499 Employees

Interesting Work, Good people to work with, People writing the contract not thinking of employees

Network Administrative (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Digicon full-time for more than a year

ProsI have received a review and a raise each year that I have worked here. I feel like I am valued by the client, but not as much by Digicon Management. I work with good people. My direct manager is compitent and does try to take care of the workers. I do feel valued by the federal clients. The work can sometimes be challenging and keeps me on my toes. I get exposure to new technology and and work on many projects. There isn't much work on weekends and after hours and if you do work and if you do end up working extra hours they are good about giving you back the time.

ConsThe project management seems to care, but they seem to be involved in things that have nothing to do with them. We are not supposed to discuss salary, but I do know that other employees that do what I do make more than me even though I train them. There is a training program, but it took them a year to set it up. Corporate seems to nickle and dime the employees when the government decides to close down and the employees have no choice and have to use PTO or not get paid. The contract for digicon does not allow any workers to work remotely. I can do 99% of my work remotely, and it would be nice to be able to work from home one day out of the week. The rest of the government encourages telework,but the contract strictly prohibits it. Other contractors at the CFTC can telework.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent. Be more fair with salaries. Some good people have left because promises were not kept. People were given promotions, but did not see their raise for months. That is unacceptable.

Management is a Joke

Engineer (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Digicon full-time

Pros: Decent benefits Salary is above average Cons: Manager's desperately need management classes Reviews are a joke! Get your money coming in the door Politics are ridiculous Your not recognized for… Advice to Senior Management: Communication is very poor Please take the time and invest money… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Disjointed management approach, live and die based on incoming pipleline of potential projects

Test Manager (Former Employee)
Herndon, VA

I worked at Digicon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Decent pay, not a bad commute for NOCA Cons: Staffing was always changing, no sense of teamwork, felt like a consultant instead… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Digicon.

Worked for Digicon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Digicon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Digicon CEO John J. Wu. All reviews posted anonymously by Digicon employees.