Digital First Media

www.digitalfirstmedia.com

Always asking for more, always giving less

Copy Editor/Paginator (Current Employee) Lowell, MA

ProsFast-paced, dynamic environment. You can't help but be knowledgable about what is going on in the city and broader community. Editing staff has many decades of experience, while writers are youthful, energetic. Work is largely independent and can at times be creative.

ConsYou are always asked to do more in the same amount of time and for the same pay. You don't get a lot of recognition when things go right, but definitely know when they go wrong. Not much room to move up, since most of staff is veteran and will probably retire in those positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't keep telling us how great the company is doing at increasing readership and keeping costs down and generating ad revenue and then say raises aren't possible.

Digital media without a clue to market themselves

Digital Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Lowell, MA

I have been working at Digital First Media full-time for more than a year

Pros: Decent tools/products and certain amount of autonomy Cons: Abysmal marketing support that's very frustrating No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Don't make this mistake and move on quickly

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

I worked at Digital First Media full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Some of the best colleagues I have ever known. A lot of dedicated… Cons: Terrible corporate structure that continuously interferes with local operations. Significant business changes are not well planned and executed haphazardly. The things that will harm… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your key people in the field because they actually know what they are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Digital First Media.

Worked for Digital First Media? Contribute to the Community!