Digital First Media

www.digitalfirstmedia.com

Need to Treat Employees Better for Better Results

Various (Current Employee) Lowell, MA

ProsDFM is innovative and always striving to be ahead of the curve in the digital world. With all the news circulating about the demise of newspapers, it is actually exciting to work for a company that is leading the way for change to enable "newspapers" the ability to not only survive, but succeed again. (I put "newspapers" in quotes because the world of newspapers simply won't be the traditional understanding of newspapers anymore).

ConsManagement, management, management... There are way too many chiefs and not enough workers. This applies not only to DFM the parent company, but also on the local level. And, unfortunately, most of the time, most of the management is so out of tune as to what actually goes on daily within the company. Treatment of employees is terrible. There is no incentive to outperform, except avoiding negative backlash. In addition, the employees are the ones working their tails off day in and day out, only to get barked at and threatened if revenue should fall short.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd love to see management get their hands dirty again and actually be involved with advertising sales, get involved with the local communities (not just at the next golf fundraiser). And treat your employees better! All too often great employees are rewarded with more work and no additional compensation. I have seen great workers come & go all too quickly because they are underappreciated for the greatness that they have done. Positive reinforcement goes a long way.

Always asking for more, always giving less

Copy Editor/Paginator (Current Employee) Lowell, MA

I have been working at Digital First Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fast-paced, dynamic environment. You can't help but be knowledgable about what is going on in the city and broader community. Editing… Cons: You are always asked to do more in the same amount of time and for the same pay. You don't get a lot of recognition… Advice to Senior Management: Don't keep telling us how great the company is doing at increasing readership… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Digital media without a clue to market themselves

Digital Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Lowell, MA

I have been working at Digital First Media full-time for more than a year

Pros: Decent tools/products and certain amount of autonomy Cons: Abysmal marketing support that's very frustrating No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Digital First Media.

Worked for Digital First Media? Contribute to the Community!