Digital First Media

Add Review

Another struggling Media Company

Current Employee - Advertising
Current Employee - Advertising

I have been working at Digital First Media full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company trying very hard to stay on cutting edge of transition from print to digital but it has been a very slow process. I don't think the business model is quite on target with what the general public is wanting in the digital world as far as content and where the advertisers can capitalize their advertising dollars. The web sites are boring and uninviting and hard to navigate.

Cons

Low pay, no raises for years , no matching funds on 401K. I have been in media over 27 years and if I had been smart should have bailed this industry 17 years ago. I have seen 3 bankruptcies , one IPO only to get d-listed from NYSE several years later. The stock options that were rewarded each year as opposed to pay increases became worthless pieces of paper. Too much uncertainty about the next few years.

Advice to Management

Invest in you employees with training and equipment - they are your biggest asset. Company is top heavy in management. Need more integration among the business units from content, circulation and advertising so all are on the same page and working toward a cohesive product for the digital age to keep are customer base engaged..

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Products, Uncertain Future

I have been working at Digital First Media full-time

Pros

Strong product set to offer SMBs,, good fulfillment. Company always looking to improve client offerings.

Cons

Very uncertain future, rumors of sell off of various properties. Poor internal reporting systems to measure performance, way behind other companies.

Advice to Management

Too much expense cutting, hurting ability of organization to be client focused.

Dead Company Walking

Former Employee - Web Developer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Denver, CO

I worked at Digital First Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location. Office is clean and the 10th floor has a great deck with a view downtown.

Cons

The company is in free-fall now. They have little going for it and they know it. I would be shocked if they were still in business a year from now.

Advice to Management

Just be honest with the employees. The smoke and mirrors nonsense has to stop. If the company is in danger (which it clearly is) then tell us and we can help out.