There are newer employer reviews for Digital Insight

Typical technology corporation work.

Current Employee - HTML Programmer in Athens, GA
Current Employee - HTML Programmer in Athens, GA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A casual atmosphere, at least at my office. Finally upgraded to some newer hardware, at least at our desks. Some effort to use modern web technology. Fast-growing, compared to our financial sector competitors.

Cons

Very dated back-end technology and hardware. Lots of regulatory overhead due to our client base. Part of a much larger corporation that's stuck with a lot of clients mired in old methods and requiring maintenance of some very old websites.

Advice to Management

Hire enough employees that they can make consistent progress on project work, outside of business as usual. Hire better qualified customer-facing support while ditching the most backwards and labor-intensive clients.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Digital Insight, not your fathers company.

I have been working at Digital Insight

Pros

It's acquisition by Intuit allows opportunities to change where you work without changing your employer. Intuit has places around the country so you can move geography without having to change health plans. The health plans, and health savings accounts are a nice touch.

Cons

Management could not find their way out of a wet paper bag. The chronic incompetence of the VP's should be legendary. The infighting in the company is staggering, as is the lack of ability to plan for the future. One VP came in and then left in about 90 days to return to his old position. I suspect he had meant to stay because he sold his house before he moved to California, but left DI as fast as possible anyway. Some VP's had one report, and only reported to our President. How can you need a VP if they only have one report?!

Advice to Management

Get a plan, and start promoting competence NOW. Fire the idiots, not just the people who are expensive on the payroll. Two fools don't cost the same as one wise man, the fools cost you more every time you listen to them.

2. DI was better as a standalone company

Former Employee - Development Manager in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Development Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Digital Insight

Pros

Before being acquired by Intuit DI had a strong vision and execution. Good focus, good employee morale, clear results from employee efforts, progressive products.

Cons

DI, particularly large corporate customers, are no longer a strategic focus for DI as part of Intuit. Investment in technology and future product development is uncertain currently.

Advice to Management

Take time to understand the former strategy and details of each business unit to avoid missing out on growth opportunities.