There are newer employer reviews for Digital Media Academy

A great learning experience!

Former Employee - Instructor in Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Instructor in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Digital Media Academy

Pros

As a young adult, there was no better way to learn a lot and make a lot of money! Our class sizes were good and the experience was incredibly rewarding. As a 20 year old, I made $1350 a week to teach! What an opportunity!

Cons

Sometimes you had to do your own IT, but you don't end up complaining because of the pay. I feel like they would rather just pay their teachers more and have them handle the IT.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good place to work, not a good place for a career.

Former Employee - Content Designer - Summer Camp in Stanford, CA
    Former Employee - Content Designer - Summer Camp in Stanford, CA

I worked at Digital Media Academy

Pros

Good compensation for pleasurable work. Accomplish much with little stress.

Cons

During projects the hours can be long and inflexible.

Grow! I feel that many of the crunches and lags can be smoothed out if operations are expanded so that the work load can be more smoothly distributed throughout the year. Consider expanding to one or two other schools.

Lots of work, little time, poor organization

Former Employee - Instructor
    Former Employee - Instructor

I worked at Digital Media Academy

Pros

DMA hires students and pays well compared to other jobs. It does require a fair amount of leadership and creativity at an instructor stand point. You will meet great coworkers who are young and excited to work and enjoy themselves.

Cons

Management is quite disorganized and often done last minute. Required materials are constantly being shipped back and forth between locations as opposed to having enough materials for all the camps nationwide.

Though I understand management is difficult and time constraints create problems, it would be much better to have all the instructors organized before the camps begin and also to have materials at all camps without the need to ship them back and forth between locations. This cause unneeded stress upon instructors and coordinators.

There are newer employer reviews for Digital Media Academy