There are newer employer reviews for Digital Roots

A good place to cut your teeth if nothing else

I worked at Digital Roots

Pros

The product is excellent. The IT/developers are amazing and the staff is young, fun, and capable. I gained a lot of experience here as a young professional.

Cons

The company has trouble transitioning from a startup to a full-fledged company but demands the benefits of both. For example, it's hard to know what is expected of an employee since workplace titles are constantly changing and job descriptions are purposely vague. They like the jack-of-all-trades employee, but this is confusing when you could be admonished for not performing tasks that are outside the scope of your responsibilities and never communicated by leadership. "Stepping up" to distinguish yourself is great, but going above and beyond within the scope of your perceived responsibilities seems to go unnoticed. How exactly an employee should go above and beyond is difficult to identify and often unintuitive, but the management still seems to think that it's the employees who are not catching on instead of realizing that these unspoken expectations are extremely counterproductive. The "we'll-make-it-big-one-day" mantra keeps the young base working long hours with what I thought was uncompetitive pay compared with similar positions in the same geographic marketplace.

The younger work base needs satisfactory guidance and mentorship to make the company great. Don't leave it to them to ask questions they might not know to ask and then blame them after the fact. Compensate employees fairly. They might be young and replaceable, but the company won't be able to retain quality talent over a long period of time otherwise.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Digital Roots (View Most Recent)

Hard Work Doesn't Pay

I have been working at Digital Roots

Pros

employees get big expectations for major clients. Casual dress code. Most people are social, fun to be around. Fun clients. new office. Employees involved in causes. environmental

Cons

Hard work not more important then being liked by CEO. Favoritism. Bad business like family/friends of owners getting paid more for less work. Employees considered disposable. wanting fair salary is "greedy." Culture of do more with no explanation. email monitoring by execs

Run the company like a Google/Yahoo, not your own place. Ask for suggestions instead of demanding all are/should be happy. Invest in employees, not cars/decorations. Be present

I thought I had worked for good employers in the past but Digital Roots made me realize that they were merely average.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Northville, MI
    Current Employee - Consultant in Northville, MI

I have been working at Digital Roots full-time for more than a year

Pros

Digital Roots motto is work hard play hard which promotes the hard work and ethics by adding focus as well as play. The work-play is a great work balance. The benefits are good and tons of room for growth and opportunity.

Cons

There is no shortage of challenges and good people to work with. They share common values and are equally committed, which makes for a great work environment.

I think management surrounds themselves with the right people. Hire for fit and train for skill. It gives
    The employees the tools and training they need to provide exceptional service.

There are newer employer reviews for Digital Roots

Worked for Digital Roots? Contribute to the Community!