DigitalGlobe

There are newer employer reviews for DigitalGlobe

Good learning opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

I have been working at DigitalGlobe full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people. Casual atmosphere. Lots of technology to play with. Good salaries.

Cons

Management does not know how to make the best use of its talented people. Career advancement can be very difficult if you don't know the right people.

Get to know your employees. Learn what they want to do with their careers and put them where their strengths can be put to best use. It will be a win-win for everybody.

70 Other Employee Reviews for DigitalGlobe (View Most Recent)

No career growth at Digitalglobe, no raises, poor management, inexperienced employees

Current Employee - Analyst in Longmont, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Longmont, CO

I have been working at DigitalGlobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone is nice at DG, great benefits, and the office building has perks like a little gym, yoga room, Gibs bagels, and free fountain drink. In most departments the job is flexible with the option to work from home and set your own hours.

Cons

If you are looking into getting a job here, please read all of these reviews because everyone I have read is 100% true.

No Career Growth: I have held the same position for almost 5 years, I constantly am asking for a promotion or ways to receive one. The answer remains "we are working with HR to get more career growth within our department" - this has been the same answer for years!

Regardless of how great you are, your review will always be average. My review score was the same as my coworkers who is constantly late for work, sick, or making mistakes. If you are a hard worker and like being appreciated for what you do, stay away from this place.

If you are any smart, more than likely your boss will find you to be a threat (because most of the managers are uneducated) and will find something wrong with you. Managers are notorious for taking credit for their employees work.

Unprofessional Environment: I have heard of so many people filing sexual harassment cases to HR. The work environment is too casual, people cross the lines constantly. There is a lot of crying, gossip, and yelling in this work place.

Unfair Treatment: Some workers are allowed to work from home, while another person with the same job title is not. In addition, the salary is way off. My coworker has no experience or degree and makes about $35k more a year then I do! I have 11 years experience in this field and a relevant degree.

No Raises or Bonuses: Because everyone is lumped into average rating, forget a raise. Bonuses tend to be $1k-$5k a piece. With major cutbacks with a new CEO I doubt anyone will get a raise over the next few years.

Unless you have a strong passion for this industry and all you want to do for the rest of your life is play with satellites then go for it. If you just want a job in management, HR, etc., I would not get a job here.

Listen to your employees when you ask for feedback.

More attention needs to be given to the Operations staff, there is a lot to fix there.

Send Management to management courses.

Extremely Poor leadership who abuse hard working staff

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

I worked at DigitalGlobe full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Cool, cutting edge tech that is always interesting and challenging. You certainly won't get bored here. If you are simply interested in "playing" with technology and research, this is the place for you. It's a geek's paradise. If you have aspirations about growing as a business professional, however, go elsewhere.

Pay is not bad upon entry, but don't expect a raise. Aim for the highest salary possible, because now matter how well your annual reviews go, or how hard you work, you will almost certainly be rated "average". The fix is in by the company leaders so that they don't ever have to treat you special again, after you've been recruited and signed your employment contract. The only ones who get raises/promotions are the brown-nosers and/or former co-workers/cronies of the leadership team.

Cons

Leadership is arrogant, dictatorial, and completely disconnected from the "working class". I have never encountered a leadership team that is made up of more cronies, classmates and former co-workers (and, I'm not kidding... NEIGHBORS). There is a complete lack of vision for the long term strategy of the company, instead they focus on how to gouge customers to pay more for less, because it is easier than developing new and innovative products.

People are treated like very intelligent cattle. Shuffled around on whim without any regard for what the employee may want. Career paths are entirely non-existent. Employee recognition is a joke.

The present CEO has an "open door policy", but fails to mention the pit-bull guarding the door or the fact that he's never on the other side of it. Blissfully ignorant of what is going on in his own company, he has surrounded himself with people who will never tell him the truth and which he refuses to see himself.

There is One Vice President for every 35 employees and one Director for every 28 employees in the company, if that tells you anything about how top heavy the organization is. And humble alms must be paid to each and every one on a regular basis in order for you to be successful on any project.

Every decision in the company is made by consensus, because no one wants to be held accountable for anything. You will interview with everyone from the VP to the janitor to get into the company, and each and every one had better like you, regardless of whether or not you a qualified.

Ethnic minorities, LGBT, or physically challenged people need not apply. Even if they let you in to meet EEOC quotas, you won't go anywhere. You'll just be a novelty.

Stop hiring your friends, neighbors and former staff and get some real talent in the company who aren't afraid to tell the emperor that he has no clothes.

There are newer employer reviews for DigitalGlobe